• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [solved] Unable to flash new ROM on rooted huawei P7-L10

Loki_s

Lurker
Dec 6, 2016
Hi folks,

so... since I got a very stubborn and hard reset-resistant malware on my rooted huawei, I decided to flash a new ROM. But it didn't work.

I wonder if some good guy can give em hand, I have a situation here.

- the phone, when started in fastboot mode, clearly states "Phone unlocked"

- Got this from official huawei website: "V100R001C00B133SP04CUSTC183D133SP04_Firmware_New Zealand_2degrees_Android 4.4.2_EMUI 2.3_05012MBD". It's from NZ, but I guess it should work anyway, it's for the very same model.

- I copied the said rom (dload folder containing UPDATE.APP) on my external SD

- Turn on the phone pressing both volume buttons and the on/off one.

Now, here is the thing. the phone either:

- gets stuck in "verify update package"

or

- starts EMUI installing stuff and fails "software install failed!"

Now I really don't know what to do. If I start the phone, it works normally -but the malware bugs me all the time.

All right, all solved. ;)

- TWRP version working on Huawei P7-L10 is

- But, in the end, that was not necessary (even if I flashed customized ROMs working ROMs, or, at leat *almost* working, sush as https://boycracked.com/portfolio/download-rom-miui-v7-huawei-p7/), since it's enough to copy a original firmware version UPDATE.APP and restart in emui-install mode (press start + vol up + vol down for a few seconds).

- Now, here is the interesting thing: (1) the original Huawei firmware I downloaded initially, found on the Huawei website, did not work. It's a version from Huawei New Zeland and I have a European phone, P7-L10C900B852_eu_channel_SW. (2) I had to put the European version, which you can't possibly find searching on the Huawei website. I mean, I *did* download it from the Huawei website, but it just does not come up if you search it! I found the link here: http://www.carbontesla.com/2016/03/download-huawei-p7-l10-full-b852-lollipop-firmware-europe/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones