1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

{solved] Which drivers? LG, SDK, or both?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by unknownsoldi, Aug 16, 2012.

1. unknownsoldi

unknownsoldi Well-Known Member

I just did a reinstall of Windows 7. Though before I was using x86, now I'm on x64. It's been about I year since I set everything up, and I don't remember what I did.

I use ADB occasionally. Which drivers do I install? The LG drivers, SDK drivers, or both? Are there x64 drivers?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. unknownsoldi

So, I got the ltest drivers using the LGMobile Support Tool.

Everything seems fine.

3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

If you need to install the SDK so you can use the adb.exe and other tweaks it has go here: New pre-packaged ADB installation
    If after installed you don't get the proper output after typing in adb devices then follow the rest of the guide and click on the link that explains how to get the path to the adb.exe into your system path.

4. unknownsoldi

Yeah. I have the SDK all set up. I have it portable so I don't have to install it, all I have to do is add it to system path.

I was asking more about what drivers to use. The LG drivers, or the ones that come with the SDK. But I figured it out. Last time I did this was also the first time, and ROM Manager did the driver stuff for me.

But I figured it out. All I needed was the three driver installs that came with the LG drivers.

5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

The LG USB drivers you speak of need the PC to be rebooted right after install. This allows the other 2 to be installed. There are actually 5 drivers. If you did not reboot right after install of drivers you might have only installed 3. The other 2 are kind of important as well.
    If this is the case you might want to delete the installed drivers and do over as suggested ^.
    Putting the path to the adb.exe can come in handy as well if you do any serious modding or ROM stuff.
    It's real easy to do.

6. unknownsoldi

I meant 3 exe files. But yes, I never thought about them needing a reboot. I've always had a couple of the drivers stall when I plug the the phone in for the first time. I've always unplugged and reconnected the phone until they seem to install. I'll have to start rebooting after I install them.

And I've got the adb added to path already.

Thanks.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews