• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [SOLVED] XPERIA Z stuck in Bootloop, No Custom Recovery

miladh

Lurker
Nov 17, 2015
Hi, I'm noobi into these stuff and any help is appreciated in advance.
I've searched so much on the web but didn't manage to get a specific sulotion for my situation, so I'm starting this thread and hoping someone could help me.
I wanted to flash an official rom with android 5.1.1 via flashtool, I installed the drivers, and Windows recognized my C6603 successfully, and after choosing
.ftf file, I connected the device in flash mode (with usb debugging on) then flashing aborted (dont remember what the error was).
And Its stuck in bootloop ever since (I can enter fastboot and flash mode but not further).
Unfortunately it doesnt have a costom recovery installed, I tried to flash custom kernel/twrp recovery with no luck (flashtool does not recognize my phone model any more, when connected in fastboot, windows recognizes adb device)
I also tried fastboot cmd but the command "adb devices" shows nothing.
And no luck in flashing the rom.
I almost did everything I could.
Any comments appreciated

Last edited:
My father took it to a workshop, and they flashed a stock rom with android 4.1.1 (guess it is generic UK) and IT WORKED!!!
Now the phone is working fine however still I'm not sure what the problem was or how their solution worked, but probably something was wrong with the stock rom or I didn't do the flashing correctly.
Hope success for everyone with the similar problem.
Just keep calm and don't give up.
Maybe fixing it be hardest and most frustrating thing for you in your life, but a piece of cake for the right guy!!

Last edited:
Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones