• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some advice please

doc1964

Android Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2010
Scotland
My wife has a couple of Fossil smart watches. They use wear and are Bluetooth only. The watch and her phone, a galaxy s10e, are both connected to WiFi when at work and home.
She has on occasion, left her phone in work but because the phone is connected to WiFi in work and her watch to our WiFi at home, she has still managed to receive texts, WhatsApp and emails on her watch in the house.
She bought a Samsung galaxy watch 4 last week and it seems that when out of blue tooth range no messages or emails are delivered to the watch.
With the galaxy watch 4 being so much newer than her fossil watches, this seems a backwards step.
Anyone with a galaxy watch 4 with Bluetooth watch able to receive messages when out of Bluetooth range.
I am hoping it is some setting I have missed.
Cheers.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones