• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some Apps are not installing in Galaxy s22 ultra after the update

hannan012

Lurker
Jan 3, 2023
December 2022 security patch. When I try to update, phone says software is current. Also can't make calls since 5G and also some apps are not working after this updates. I am managing a website which is also not working on Galaxy s22 Ultra after this update please give me solution to this problem.
Waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks.

December 2022 security patch. When I try to update, phone says software is current. Also can't make calls since 5G and also some apps are not working after this updates. I am managing a website which is also not working on Galaxy s22 Ultra after this update please give me solution to this problem.

Thanks.
can't make calls? what happens when you call someone? nothing? no dial tone? just rings?

what apps do not work? what happens when you run the app? error? nothing? it crashes?

what happens to the website you manage? it crashes?

we need more details. just remember, the more details you give us the better we can help.

Upvote 0

Thanks.
I'm sorry to hear that you're facing issues with your phone and website after the December 2022 security patch update. Here are a few suggestions to help resolve the problems:

1. Check for updates: Although your phone indicates that the software is current, it's worth double-checking for any available updates. Go to your phone's settings, look for the "Software Update" or similar option, and manually check for updates. If there is a newer update available, install it as it may contain bug fixes for the issues you're experiencing.
  2. Restart your phone: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor glitches and restore normal functionality. Try restarting your phone and see if it resolves any of the issues you're encountering.
  3. Clear app caches and data: If certain apps are not working properly after the update, you can try clearing their caches and data. Go to your phone's settings, navigate to "Apps" or "Applications," find the problematic apps, and choose the options to clear their caches and data. Please note that clearing app data will reset the app to its default settings, so make sure to back up any important data within the app before doing this.
  4. Check network settings: If you're unable to make calls due to 5G connectivity, verify that your phone's network settings are properly configured. Go to the settings menu, select "Network & Internet" or a similar option, and ensure that the preferred network mode is set correctly. You may also try switching to a different network mode (e.g., 4G) to see if it resolves the calling issue.
  5. Test on different networks: If your website is not working specifically on the Galaxy S22 Ultra after the update, try accessing it on a different network or using a different device. This will help determine if the issue is isolated to your phone or if there are broader compatibility issues. If the website works fine on other devices, you may need to investigate further or reach out to the website's technical support for assistance.
If the above steps do not resolve your problems, please provide additional details about the specific issues you're facing, including any error messages or error codes you encounter. This will help in providing more tailored solutions.

Reactions: Jimmy0529
Upvote 0
Gr
I'm sorry to hear that you're facing issues with your phone and website after the December 2022 security patch update. Here are a few suggestions to help resolve the problems:

1. Check for updates: Although your phone indicates that the software is current, it's worth double-checking for any available updates. Go to your phone's settings, look for the "Software Update" or similar option, and manually check for updates. If there is a newer update available, install it as it may contain bug fixes for the issues you're experiencing.
  2. Restart your phone: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor glitches and restore normal functionality. Try restarting your phone and see if it resolves any of the issues you're encountering.
  3. Clear app caches and data: If certain apps are not working properly after the update, you can try clearing their caches and data. Go to your phone's settings, navigate to "Apps" or "Applications," find the problematic apps, and choose the options to clear their caches and data. Please note that clearing app data will reset the app to its default settings, so make sure to back up any important data within the app before doing this.
  4. Check network settings: If you're unable to make calls due to 5G connectivity, verify that your phone's network settings are properly configured. Go to the settings menu, select "Network & Internet" or a similar option, and ensure that the preferred network mode is set correctly. You may also try switching to a different network mode (e.g., 4G) to see if it resolves the calling issue.
  5. Test on different networks: If your website is not working specifically on the Galaxy S22 Ultra after the update, try accessing it on a different network or using a different device. This will help determine if the issue is isolated to your phone or if there are broader compatibility issues. If the website works fine on other devices, you may need to investigate further or reach out to the website's technical support for assistance.
If the above steps do not resolve your problems, please provide additional details about the specific issues you're facing, including any error messages or error codes you encounter. This will help in providing more tailored solutions.
Great information. Thanks for sharing this. I was also facing this issue for a few days. But now I hope that it will work for me.

Upvote 0
irst, ensure that your phone's software is the latest version by checking for updates in the Settings menu. If the issues persist, try restarting your phone, clearing cache and data for problematic apps, and resetting network settings to resolve network-related problems. It's also advisable to contact your mobile carrier to address the call and data issues, as they may require specific network configurations. For the website compatibility problem, verify that the site e-id status, and its structure is mobile-friendly and supports the latest web standards. If the problems persist despite these efforts, consider reaching out to Samsung's official customer support for specialized assistance tailored to your phone model and the specific issues you're facing. Always back up your important data before attempting major troubleshooting steps to prevent data loss.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the detailed troubleshooting advice! Updating the phone's software and performing basic maintenance like restarting, clearing app caches, and resetting network settings can often resolve common issues. If the problems persist, reaching out to your mobile carrier for network-related concerns is a smart move. When dealing with website compatibility, ensuring that the site supports mobile devices and adheres to the latest web standards is crucial. Should the problems persist despite your efforts, don't hesitate to contact Samsung's official customer support; they can provide specialized assistance tailored to your specific phone model and issues. Always remember to back up your important data before embarking on major troubleshooting steps to avoid data loss. Great advice! ️

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones