• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some apps launch and then minimize.

B

bakerjw

I am running a Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD with Android version 4.4.2.

My phone recently got to the point where some apps would open and then immediately minimize.
Gallery, Camera and even play store would open and then minimize in about 1 second. Sometimes you can close the app and it will work properly.

I finally went in and reset the phone completely expecting that perhaps starting from scratch would resolve the issue but it is still there.

Any thoughts?

It is as you describe. If I tap "Gallery" for instance. It opens for about half a second and then it goes back to the home screen.

I removed my screen protector as I thought that perhaps it was interfering with the touch pad. It is also not in any protective case and the screen has no marks on it anywhere.

I have also found that if I swipe to the right from the main screen to bring up the quick setting screen, it goes away in about half a second as well.

Forcing stop under Settings - Apps - ALL - Gallery also has no impact.

If I power off and back on, then I can open Gallery and it runs normally and does so as long as it remains running. If I close it and try to open it again, the same thing happens as before.

I loaded Avast mobile security and did a complete scan and found nothing. There shouldn't be anything as I just did a complete reset.

On a whim, I killed all apps. The problem went away. Bah... this gets frustrating.

Upvote 0
I've reset it a couple of times now. The last time I did not set up my Google account thinking that perhaps the backup assistant was restoring something that shouldn't be restored.

Everything seemed stable as it went out to my SD card and started cataloging all of the images out there. After that completed, the issue started popping up again.

I'm going to try it without the SDCard and see what happens. Perhaps there is something corrupted on it.
All I can think of right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones