1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Some apps stuck reading Sdcard0 instead of Sdcard1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stoken, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Stoken

Stoken Newbie
    None

Sep 16, 2013
    Male
    Hoquiam, Washington
    I've recently (Christmas) upgraded from the ZTE which ran icecream sandwich, and now that I'm using jellybean I've noticed that I can't access my external SD card with some apps. In my main directory it has Sdcard0 (Internal) and sdcard1 (external). I downloaded Aldiko and when I went to have it scan the ebooks I had on my external SD card, it was already set at default on Sdcard0 and wouldn't let me go back.
    I would root my phone and find a fix that way, but I don't want to root it as the devs haven't came out with much for this phone yet.
    Has anyone found a fix for this ( setting the external SD card as the main directory)?

Advertisement

2. DravenXcore

DravenXcore Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 10, 2012
    New Jersey
    There is no "fix" with this phone.. Only workarounds.
    What you're gonna need to do is partition your SD card.
    There's a thread somewhere on here, or a good Google search, using a wizard tool to partition the SD card, having a FAT32 as the main partition, and having a second partition as a certain Ext(1,2,3,4) partition (I forget what works with my phone, I'd have to load my SD card into my partition program to view it). It'll wipe your whole SD card, so you'll have to backup your SD card. The ones you'll want to move the data to your SD card to read off of, you'll have to link those apps to the certain Ext using Link2SD. Those apps will read off of the SD card, since they'll be linked to the Ext of the SD card.

3. aenoch

aenoch Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2012
    Does linking them actualy. Save space on tje internal memory. I read that some peoples internal memory was still filling up