1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Some Contact Pictures Won't Sync with Facebook Contacts Pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by buddyosher, Jul 27, 2011.

1. buddyosher

buddyosher Lurker
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    I don't have any trouble syncing my contacts with Facebook, but some do not sync with the profile picture. I go in to the contact and it shows the facebook information, but the profile picture is not available.

I have had this problem with multiple fascinate phones, but there is no consistency to why/when/which contacts are/are not sync'd.

Has anyone had this issue?

Advertisement

2. artless

artless Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    When I used facebook sync it would only sync the photo if I had their contact name exactly as it is on facebook. (IE: JOn Doe must be just that, and not "Jon doe") Not sure if that is the case any longer though.

3. Renegadus

Renegadus Lurker
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    I am experiencing the same problem. But even if the contact does not have a direct name I simply joined them. So most contacts take the picture from facebook(auto joined and manual). But for some contacts it just doesn't work.

Usually this wouldn't bother me, but some of my contacts that i use do most just don't get the picture (facebook sync works though)
    Can any one help with this.

Thanx,
    Rene

4. buddyosher

buddyosher Lurker
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    I figured this out. Google has built in Facebook and then if you install the actually FB app, you will then have 2 instances of FB on your phone and therefore need to sync twice. the phone automatically "joins" with 1 instance of FB, but in order to get all pictures to sync/show you will need to join with both FB accounts. its a pain, but it works

5. Renegadus

Renegadus Lurker
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    You mean that every contact has to be joined twice? So far I can only see one fb contact per person.

6. YoPo

YoPo Lurker
    None

Dec 8, 2011
    all u have to do is scroll through your friends list on the fb app. Once all the pics show up there, they will show up in your device contacts as well.

The Pangil and radams like this.
  7. radams

radams Lurker
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Perfect! After spending almost a day trying to figure it out, changing settings on my phone, going into facebook on my laptop and playing with the settings, this took literally 2 minutes..... so simple ... some of the answers to this question were wild... thank you!!!

8. The Pangil

The Pangil Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    thanks a lot!!! but some wont really show up... still its better than nothing :) to look for the friends list in the fb app is press on the drop menu look for apps and press see all, then press friends and your friends list will show

9. xtine9380

xtine9380 Lurker
    None

May 19, 2015
    Female
    I tried the above, maybe I'm missing something though. All of my contacts photos have synced with no problem except for 2. And what's even more frustrating is that they were there a few days ago, and then just disappeared. I've tried unfriending, refriending, unsyncing, resyncing, uninstalling, reinstalling... I cant figure out what else to do or why its only those 2 contacts. :(