• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cashmere_cat

Nov 2, 2010
Western Canada
I am looking for a bit of advice / feedback from DHD owners.
I currently have a Desire, and love it. Am gearing up to get my son a smartphone this Christmas, and my first choice would be another Desire, however our carrier no longer offers them. But they do have the DHD.
Would like to hear more about the DHD from those who have used it personally. The best features of it, any drawbacks, etc.
With the Desire, the biggest drawback is the internal storage, which is only 148M. Clearly not enough. I

Yeah, space is pretty much a non-issue. Although don't forget that the firmware takes up some of that 1.5 too, the amount dependant on your firmware/custom rom, because my internal storage is showing about 1.2GB total.

I used apps2sd on my previous phone (HTC Hero), but have never needed it on the DHD.

Upvote 0
Hi, Got my DHD the first day it came out in OCT 2010 Unlocked & Unbranded from 3(Exactly 1 year ago).

Normally when you get your new phone you have a honeymoon period and just use it as a phone. This has not been the case with the DHD and to be honest i have not put it down since I got it.

On a serious note,the phone is fantastic. Is it HTC or is it the Android platform or a combination of both?
The new breed of smartphone have dual core processors, front facing cameras, can you live without these things?

My contract is up for renewal in 10mths and I'm thinking of keeping the DHD and going Sim Only( I say that now).

Get it for your son, he won't be disappointed.

I am looking for a bit of advice / feedback from DHD owners.
I currently have a Desire, and love it. Am gearing up to get my son a smartphone this Christmas, and my first choice would be another Desire, however our carrier no longer offers them. But they do have the DHD.
Would like to hear more about the DHD from those who have used it personally. The best features of it, any drawbacks, etc.
With the Desire, the biggest drawback is the internal storage, which is only 148M. Clearly not enough. I’ve now rooted it, and space is no longer an issue. From what I see the DHD comes with 1.5 G on the phone, so I assume space is a non issue, but I could be wrong?
Any other idiosyncrasies to be aware of before taking the plunge?
Or.... if you were to chose a different phone, which would it be?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
I am with Gags111, I always buy my phones sim free and just go down the sim card only route (huge savings to be made). Therefore I look to a phone to last me a long time, I have had no regrets with the DHD and I also tend not to put it down. It tells me where to drive my car, helps with the shopping, manages my social life, provides my newspapers and books, entertains me with music and keeps me company with movies on long budget airline flights. There are apps and functions that I use for my working life, so all in all a great piece of kit, your son will be a lucky boy.

Upvote 0
I switched yesterday from Desire to DHD and I am pretty happy with it. Very big screen, no plastic feel when you hold it like with Desire and much faster than the Desire. My only complaint which I should have checked is the screen. It is bigger but I believe Desire was much better since it was AMOLED and DHD has an LCD screen but I can live with that. I guess it is better for movies :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones