• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some dialer Lag advice for the masses.

skapooj

Mar 31, 2010
I know that much has been said of the dialer lag on our phone because so many people experience it at some point or another, but I have just reached a good place with my dialer and thought I might share.

After downloading Call Log Trimmer from the market, I noticed it speeding up a bit and once I downloaded Call Confirm, I noticed that I could more easily tell when my phone was actually trying to call someone (which eliminated double calling someone). But, the most successful revelation I've had when dealing with the dialer is the use of the hard buttons on our device. To start the dialer program, I always hit the hard 'call' button. When selecting a contact, I always find and select the contact with the trackball. And when Call confirm asks me if this is the person I really want to call? I select 'call' with the trackball.

I read these forums every day and couldn't remember reading a post about this specific "fix" so I hope this isn't a double post.

I hope this helps those of you who suffer from that really annoying lag. It feels good to be in control of my dialer again haha.

Thanks for the advice. I've been tikering myself since I am affected by the lag issue myself. Just yesterday, there was an 11 second delay between hanging up and calling the somoene else.

One thing I know for sure is that the lag has to do with the 3G vs. 1X Switching. Each time I end a call it goes from 1X back to 3G and starts sending / receiving. What 3G could be transmitting is beyond me. I find is that I let 3G do its thing for a few seconds, then initiate the next call, then it works fine.

If I try to make another call right away (while 3G is doing its thing) then thats where the phone just locks up and lags.

I tried everything, even removing all accounts that sync automatically but the 3G still activates and transmits after every call is done.

If I turn off 3G and make calls, there is NO LAG. So the 3G definitely has to be the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones