• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some eclipse IDE help

NeedsMore

Lurker
Jan 7, 2013
Building an Eclipse FAQ

Developing Android apps using Eclipse with android adt.

Eclipse is meant for professionals. I want to understand how to use Eclipse, but I don't understand how all the files interact.

Will edit as questions are answered.
(Bookmark if you are a generous teacher, or a struggling Eclipse user!)

****UNANSWERED_QUESTION(S)****
None at the moment!

****ANSWERED_QUESTION(S)****
(Q1) Can anyone tell me a way to remove the project from the package explorer, and bring it back at my convenience?

(A1@Post2: uchat) If you have large project, create a new workspace for that project. Each workspace should contain only related projects.

Also, if someone is amazing with android eclipse development, I would love a tutor to help me understand the things that should be second nature. For example all these files and folders are pretty foreign to me. At the moment I don't even know where the java code goes! I am sure I can figure it out, but the point being I really don't know what I'm looking at and would like to understand, rather then following some walk through guide that inevitably fails me when I attempt to use that knowledge on my own development.

Just looking for a rapid fire question session that would take maybe 30 minutes. We could use any method of contact you prefer, Skype, Google message, Facebook message etc.

I don't expect to need more then eclipse file management/packaging/projects (somehow not explained in university) as well as any special java code/classes required for properly written android applications. More or less looking for a very clear guide to the terminology to use eclipse with android adt for java.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones