1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Some flash won't load

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by georgebrough, Nov 30, 2009.

1. georgebrough

georgebrough New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hi,

Should I be able to load Evony-Free forever on my HTC hero? It takes me to the site, brings up a flash window with a timer then a stop sign (O with a line though it) with "loading, please wait" at the bottom. I've given it a good 5 minutes and nothing happens.

Also I have a subsonic music server set up on my home PC, I can log in from my phone, but when I try to play music via the web based flash player I get the same problem as above. I've got the Subsonic app now which works great. But I still don't understand why I can't access it via the web.

As a test I loaded www.killthepixelnow.com which has a lot of flash and it works fine.

Hope someone can shed some light on this??

Thanks

George

1.) Model Number ? HTC Hero
    2.) Firmware Version ? 1.5
    3.) Baseband Version ? 63.18.55.06
    4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.27
    5.) Build Number ? 2.73.405.5
    Carrier Orange - I bought the handset from handtec, not orange.
    Country you are using your phone in UK

Advertisement

2. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    No Android phones have FLASH . It supposed to come early next year.

3. georgebrough

georgebrough New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Android does support flash, and in confirming this I have also answered my own question! HTC - Products - HTC Hero - Product Tour states that it supports flash, and the small print states that it supports up to v9. Another site says that they will have v10 early next year, so I guess that's my problem.

Sorry, am I missing something here? I can see you know a lot more about the phone than I do cause I've been looking at your other posts and I got mine on Tuesday! But the HTC site does suggest that the phone supports flash.....bit confused now!?!?!?

4. jUsT2eXy

jUsT2eXy Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Citigroup Plc
    London, UK
    HTC Hero: The first Android device with Flash | Adobe Developer Connection

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pre...09AdobeandHTCBringFlashPlatformtoAndroid.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ht...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

A quick google search answers your question.. isn't that quicker than posting on a forum? Oh well lol

Yep. So it is 10 that is the problem currently. Thus some websites will not load its flash content on the Hero. dOh..

Tags: