1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Some general questions about the Razr (battery, ICS, rooting)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by motorazr, Dec 30, 2011.

1. motorazr

motorazr Newbie

Hi

I'm a noob at smartphones so I have a couple questions..

I charged my razr overnight when I got it before using it and I've been messing around on it all day yesterday and today. I had wifi on and watched two movies (on battery) and then played some games like angry birds for a while. I also did some work using a mobile SSH client and then I checked my battery...

14 hours on battery and 40% remaining. If this is normal then wow I am impressed!

Also, I know ICS is Ice Cream Sandwich OS but how do we get it on the Razr? Do we have to pay? Also the nexus has 3 buttons on the bottom where as the razr has 4. Does this make any difference?

Finally, is there an easy way to root my phone without risking bricking? Also does motorola blur really make the phone lag? How does one remove it?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Powersurge

Powersurge Member

That's pretty good even for a Razr with that usage, but I'm not surprised; there are some excellent ones out there.

No, you will get it as a normal OTA update like the one released these days when it's done and approved. You can't just install a new Android version on any device; the manufacturer has to build the update separately for each model.

No. The search functionality will still be there, ICS just doesn't have a separate button for it. It will recognize the Razr's buttons and use those instead of displaying the on-screen buttons.

3. Goldchamp

Goldchamp Grand Admiral

"Easy" no. I'm not overly sure the process on Razr on rooting but you always risk bricking your phone. Rarely is it permanent but it's not "easy" to recover from a brick either :) And blur isn't laggy on my phone I love it!

4. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands

Lol... This phone has absolutely no lag.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews