1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Some good news for those who still want to hold to the EVO V^^

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blublud, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Blublud

Blublud Newbie

Ok so i dont if this has been posted or not but, i found a simple(quite obvious) solution to help with SMS problems.

Apparently through the Virgin Mobile network txt msgs wont work, but through txting apps such as Textfree, and Textplus msgs go through just fine, well for me atleast.

I encourage you guys to try it especially if you dont want to give up the phone just yet.

i've decided im going to hold out till Wednesday and try to cope with the new methods im trying.

Im using textfree, and since my earlier post where i said i can only get msgs within the network(VM) i tiried my sister's phone (Boost) and it went through!

only problem is if i do this, i'll have to give ppl two numbers, one for calls and one for txts. However if you try to use textfree through the network, it wont work, bummer.
    I went to Radioshack and the cashier said they had some ppl say the same issue im having with this phone and he said certain phones(dont remember word-for-word) dont transfer over to Virgin well. and He also said the Sprint version of this phone also had the same issues. but this is nothing you guys probably havent heard already. So yea that was my experience today. I've been thinking about switching back to Boost though to get the other EVo phone, but imma wait little more.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KyngTech

KyngTech Member

So what exactly did u try to fix the problem without using third party apps??

3. richking34

richking34 Android Enthusiast

Because it uses wifi for those apps

4. Hollaback12786

Hollaback12786 Well-Known Member

From what I've read since this phone has come out is that buying from radio shack sucks lol seems like almost everyone has had one issue or another with evo v's purchased from RS, I got mine at best buy mobile and its been flawless, saw the radio resource error a couple times but only when I had horrible signal

5. montenell

montenell Well-Known Member

Just use go sms u don't have to use another number. Honestly though I haven't had much problem out if mine

6. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

ive also noticed that about 3vos from rat shack. mines from best buy and havent had real problem

7. kagevazquez

kagevazquez Well-Known Member

I have two evo v 's one from best buy one from rs the one from best buy had only the htc logo at the top the one from rs says Sprint. Has anyone bought one from best buy and has the Sprint logo?

8. Blublud

Blublud Newbie

Yes I've just got off the phone with tech support and they re provisioned the phone, and it worked for sec then stopped again.

9. Blublud

Blublud Newbie

You dont need wifi, you just need the network to use it^^

10. Blublud

Blublud Newbie

Hmm maybe i should try buying it from BestBuy, but i also received the radio shortage thing but only like once, msgs show they go through, but it doesn't get through to the other end.

11. Blublud

Blublud Newbie

I use GO SMS it still doesnt work.

12. Blublud

Blublud Newbie

I'm going to attempt once again, but im going to try the phone from best buy, because i dont want to downgrade, or switch services yet to Boost.

13. Blublud

Blublud Newbie

Does the the Best Buy actually work??? Like actually gets txt msgs through???

I wonder if you buy it from Target, wht kinda problem you'll have.....

14. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

Try using an app called Chomp sms. It's what I have been using for awhile, and have had little problems.

15. richking34

richking34 Android Enthusiast

I got mine from Virgin mobile.com and had the errors since day 1. I think it might be something with the sprint branded ones with the ics rom on them, since these evos were meant for sprint

16. Nesdroid

Nesdroid Newbie

I got mine from best buy and it has the sprint logo.
    Haven't had any problems with it other then the volume down key not working. But I messed that up when going s-off :(

17. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Android Enthusiast

got mine from best buy yesterday. virgin branded. not one error yet and i sent a few messages already !!! maybe something is wrong with sprint branded ones ?

18. AngryTeddyBear

AngryTeddyBear Android Enthusiast

Using a different messaging client will just hide the error. It will not fix it.

19. Spritey

Spritey Well-Known Member

All I do is a quick reset on the ##CLEAR# menu and everything works just fine.

20. swerver32

swerver32 Android Enthusiast

2 vevos here, both from rs, sprint branded. I have not had the text error for weeks, or the accompanying issue of not being able to place/receive a call. My wife got it once last week and she texts a lot. While I think there is possibly a problem with the phone, there's also a network component. Otherwise, why would some get pummeled with this error, and others, like us and others on this forum, hardly ever get it? Toggling wifi has worked great as a workaround when the problem does come up, it's easy and fixes the issue immediately.

21. harvickchick

harvickchick Android Enthusiast

Mine is a BB phone and I occasionally have the SMS issue. It's not nearly a big enough issue for me to get another phone.

22. Blublud

Blublud Newbie

Well from reading other post, it makes me want to try the best buy non-sprint branded ones...because Radio Shack buyers hav a problem more often then any other users who the phone from other places....

23. Blublud

Blublud Newbie

I know it wont fix the problem..im just saying as an alternative to ppl who dont want to give up the phone, and for some who dont want to root their phones incase and update does come VM or HTC.

This is only optional, im going to try best buy HTC phone soon and hopefully i wont have the problem....im only trying to help...

24. lordj

lordj Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. I had a VM branded one from Best Buy. Same issues as everyone else. Believe me, they are both the same exact hardware/software. The logo on the outside changes nothing.

qu4ttro likes this.
  25. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Android Expert

If/When an update comes out, you can bet that within a few days, the devs will have it ripped apart, tested, and placed inside all of the major roms.

You won't miss out by rooting, in fact most rooted users will tell you quite the opposite. Non-rooted users are the ones missing out on all of the benefits of rooting (better backups, roms, tether, free of ads...).