1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Some google music play help/questions

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by kougeru, Aug 16, 2012.

1. kougeru

kougeru Lurker

This is about the artist names. I can't find any real official help forums so I hope you guys can help me.

This is a very bizarre one, some of my songs streamed/downloaded (Whatever Google Play Music does) are not showing the artist name. It will show up as "Unknown artist". I thought it was because their names were in Japanese..HOWEVER, the name "雨先案内人" worked fine for both the songs that I played from them. But then a romanized name like "Mell" and "Kotoko" did NOT display. The artist name Thyme would appear in two songs but not in another. In the case of Thyme, one song that works fine is the karaoke version but the original is "unknown artist". On my PC tagging, these files are EXACTLY the same other than the song title having -karaoke version- at the end of one. Obviously I've concluded that the problem has nothing to do with Japanese or apparently my file tagging...it just seems random. It's like it randomly chooses to ignore the artist field for some reason.

I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue with Google Music Play and knows how to resolve it or at least understands the cause. I'm gonna hold back on uploading more of my collection for awhile until I can figure this out. I would just physically move my songs to my phone but a lot of my songs are FLACs which don't read properly either. This is important to me because I'm a heavy last.fm user. Sorry for wall-of-text and thanks ahead of time for reading.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download