1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Some hands on videos of the EVO 4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SoFLO, Mar 23, 2010.

1. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Advertisement

2. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    twospirits likes this.
  3. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Put a keyboard on and id be all over this

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Male
    ELP Engineer @ National Instruments
    Austin, TX
    i honestly don't know, i know alot of people want one, and maybe evo2 will have one but i think it would make the thing just too big all around, it's already kinda pushing the boundaries, it's thinness is it's saving grace in my opinion, i think a KB would maybe kill it for ALOT of people

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    Screw a keyboard on this thing... have you seen how huge the virtual keyboard is already? If you can't use one on a 4.3" screen, you must have either bad eyea, or incredible hulk fingers. I'm speaking of course using it landscape style of course though. It's just a beastly big phone. If it had a keyboard AND was as thick as my Moment, no way in hell this would fit in a pocket unless you're wearing super-bag pants with pockets big enough hide a mac-10 in. Keeping this thing keyboard free, I think for this phone, was a good choice. The HTC keyboard is better than stock android, and has calibration to your touch style(s). It's fine, IMO. (I use it on my Moment =P)

6. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor

Oct 4, 2009
    Male
    Database Programmer, Sprint Advocate
    Queens, NY
    I agree. I have in past posts, wanted the successor to this phone to include a keyboard and be a world phone, but looking at the videos and in folks hand, I think its just about right in size. Adding a keyboard will make it too big and alot of folks may not like the extra size.

TS out

7. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Yeah a 4.3" screen is big enough for me, I don't need the added bulk of a keyboard. I'm considering just using a screen protector and no case to keep the bulk as minimal as possible but I'll see.

The Phonedog video (first one) I updated the thread with shows the front facing camera in action at the 4:35 mark.

8. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    nah... the virtual keyboard is so massive, it renders the need for a physical keyboard moot... :D

9. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    screen size alone almost makes the EVO 4G too hard to resist!! :D (keep in mind I have a Nexus - why I say *almost* :p )

I mean, check out the size comparison... although the vibrancy of the AMOLED is clearly superior.... so tough call...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    Houston, TX
    I wonder if there's anything with the EVO side by side the HD2

11. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    Houston, TX
    I did find this ... talk about 2 show stoppers :D

[​IMG]

DCLocal and Covert_Death like this.
  12. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Actually checked out the HD2 today at T-Mobile (non-working model) and it fit in my hand pretty nicely and I can definitely pocket it no problems. It's pretty thin and the EVO 4G is only going to be a bit thicker. 4.3" seems like the perfect size screen :D

On a side note I didn't like the hardware buttons on HD2, they felt very cheap but maybe it was just that store model.

Tags: