1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Some Help Please?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Veregund, May 23, 2011.

1. Veregund

Veregund Newbie

Hello,

Here's the problem. I was installing a new ROM like usual (the new Peter Alfanso ROM that he posted recently), and when I got to recovery mode to install the .zip, the keyboard wouldn't work, so I couldn't select any options. At this point, I took the battery out to do a hard reset, and now when I try to turn the phone on, it says

Bootloader
    2C.6C

Battery OK
    OK to program
    Transfer Mode:
    USB

Since the keyboard seems to be broken, I can't try the normal Power-X boot up. I'm not sure if this means if I'm bricked or what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast

You are seeing the bootloader screen, sounds like you have some corupt software and you will need to flash an SBF file through RSD Lite if you can't get past that screen. No you are not bricked, just have some bad files.

Read under this heading > How to revert back to Stock 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.1, or 2.2

In this thread > http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/136508-guide-all-things-root-related.html

That will get you back to total stock, then you will have to reroot and start over.

Edit: if your keyboard still does not function after you have flashed the SBF file, sounds like you could have a hardware issue. Good luck.

3. Veregund

Veregund Newbie

Thanks for the reply. Since then, the log has changed from "Battery OK" to a flashing message saying "Battery low... Cannot program." This happens even if the phone is plugged into the wall. I'm not sure what has happened to cause this, but I assume I can't use RSD Light while this is the case. Any suggestions?

4. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast

Got to find a way to charge the battery, the bad part is, the battery wont charge while the phone is in bootloader. Know anyone that has a droid that you could swap batteries and have their phone charge yours while you SBF with theirs? If all else fails, you could try taking it to a Verizon factory store. They might have a Factory flash cable and could flash your phone back to stock for you. just don't mention its rooted!! lol. Another option would be go to P3Droids web site and order a flash cable from him. Team Black Hat But, thats $50!. depends how desperate you are.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews