1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Some Help Please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tuckkcut, Dec 21, 2012.

1. tuckkcut

tuckkcut Member

Ok so i have already rooted and installed a custom recovery and tried multiple roms but i cant seem to install them correctly, im not a total n00b at flashing i have done it many times before on previous phones, my problem is that when i install a rom sometimes it sticks at the samsung screen, and others it sticks at the SCH-R720 screen the times the roms pass through the boot process i get multiple FCs on system apps and therefore i cant use it so i restore my stock backup, one of the roms that i have gotten to work for a while was the Lunar-gen and i really liked the whole ui of it, does anyone know what could be causing my phone to not take the roms, i follow the steps down to the letter for installations and still cant get it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

have you used the correct version of CWM in the first place. stock based roms are with CWM 5.0.2.7 and overclock roms are with CWM 5.0.2.7. second have you wiped everything correctly?? factory reset, format system, (even though a factory reset takes care of this format cache and data, just to be safe) if you have done that then you have nothing to worry. the first boot after flashing always takes a couples of minutes so just let it sit

3. tuckkcut

tuckkcut Member

Do you mean oc roms require 5.0.2.8 and yes i wipe everything correctly
    some roms i let sit for like 30-45 minutes before i rage and restore lol

4. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

You could try running the 2.3.6 update so you have a fresh stock rom and then try flashing whatever rom you want. That what i did when i had issues and couldnt restore a backup

5. tuckkcut

tuckkcut Member

Ill try that KageBeast but i never had trouble restoring, ill let u guys know when im done

6. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

whoops slip of the finger there lol yeah thats what i meant

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews