1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Some Issues With My TB After Rooting(Using New Method)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CoyotesFan4Evr, Aug 31, 2011.

1. CoyotesFan4Evr

CoyotesFan4Evr Android Enthusiast

OK, I have 2 problems...one being that I keep getting a force close message for some operation that I don't even know what it is. It just randomly appears on my screen saying it needs to force close. I'm sure by the time I get done with this it will pop up again and I'll be able to tell you what it says. I put bloat freezer on my TB after I did the easy root method and only froze things that I KNOW are bloat. I'm pretty sure VZ Navigator and Blockbuster will fall into that...as well as Stocks. Anyways that's only problem number one. The second issue is that everytime I dial out a phone call it automatically puts the call on speaker. I didn't have this problem when I was stock. So what gives? And for right now I'm running stock but rooted. I like the stock setup and would like to keep it that way for now I just wanted all the bloatware to go away. So the force close message I get is "The process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." OK...so there it is. I thank you all in advance for now and will thank you again when my issues are resolved.

stanlalee and scotty85 like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CoyotesFan4Evr

The following post has been copied and pasted here from a different thread.

Hi,
    I'll try to help here...

For the fc trouble that error is related to background update. Culprits are usually facebook and twitter to check see if you disable them does the error stop if either of them were Frozen that could also cause this problem. If frozen unfreeze then disable update in accounts and sync for the app then refreeze.

For the speaker issue if you just updated gosms there was a bug that caused this, not a problem there is already an update to correct this.

Hope this helps you out,
    Bryan

3. CoyotesFan4Evr

TrapperJohn, I didn't freeze facebook or twitter because I use them on my phone. I did freeze peep though. I hate that app. (chokes the app Peep until it crumbles) And yes I do use Gosms and I did just get an update for it. So what's the fix for that update? I'll turn off the sync on my facebook and twitter and then resync them if that will cure the force close issue.

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Coyotes, you may have an easier time just flashing a custom rom and having it work than dealing with what bloatware can/can't be frozen without issues. If you are a sense fan (which I assume you are based on your devices;)) I would suggest trying out one of the sense roms with 3.0 or elements from 3.0.

If you have some experience with roms and what not you could try synergy. McLabia is the support person for the rom and is quite active here, I know it has the 3.0 lockscreen that you had posted about in another thread.

I don't know how much help I can be with the stock rom as the first thing I did after root was flash a new rom/radio. I would start by unfreezing everything you froze to see if that resolves the FC issue. If it does then freeze 1 app play around for a while if you don't get FC then freeze another.

trapperjohn and scotty85 like this.
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

this is exactly what i would do as well. it may take a few days,but you will find eventually wich app is causing your prollems.

if you want to try a new roms,heres one based on mr2:
    [ROM][FROYO]Cubed ROM 1.2.3[6/10/11]Theme update in post 2. - xda-developers

there are more GB roms out right now than froyo roms,but be forwarned then may have some issues,being based on leaks and not official release firmware. if you want to try a gingerbread rom,id suggest this one:
    [Rom] [GB/NEW BASE] SHIFTS3NS3 V1.3X (HTC KERNEL MOD) (8/29/2011) - xda-developers

tho there are many other good ones,check out the roms list for some others :)

trapperjohn likes this.
  6. trapperjohn

trapperjohn Well-Known Member

Hi,
    If you are worried about your data between what is syncd with google and titanium backup that should have you covered.
    Bryan

7. trapperjohn

trapperjohn Well-Known Member

Hi,
    The problem with every phone call starting in speaker mode was fixed with latest gosms according to the list of fixes they posted.
    I agree if all you did was freeze apps and then this problem happened then one or more that are frozen are giving this error just some info with custom roms out there is no reason to freeze since alot of what you have frozen is not there and can be added if you decided you wanted these apps or equivalents.
    Since a custom rom can be added with no data lost why stay stock?
    Thanks,
    Bryan

8. CoyotesFan4Evr

Thanks guys, really thank you. I suppose I'll look into the rom that yeahha was talking about because I do like sense and it kind of sucks that the TB won't be getting the new sense that some other phones will be getting thru update or the new phones that are coming out. Now I have some questions on all this gingerbread and froyo talk. Also I need to figure out how to go back and sync all my contacts and so forth to google since I haven't done that will all of them. So what's with gingerbread and what's with froyo? They are basically a type of rom operating system or how that operating system is designed right? Other than that I'm kind of at a loss. Haha.

I think the speaker thing did get fixed because there was another update that came thru at some point while all this convo has been going on. And I defrosted all the apps I had frozen and went back and froze all the same ones minus a few here and there to test what was going on and well at first it worked without that message coming up because I left peep defrosted. But after oh about 3 hours it started showing back up again. So I think the best thing to do is follow what you guys have said and flash a custom rom. Which will probably be the sense 3.0

9. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I don't believe HTC has ever updated a version of Sense on a phone that has already been released. So if you were to buy a phone with sense 3.0 right now it would have 3.0 on every OTA even if HTC has released a newer version. That is part of the reason we should be glad there are devs out there willing to give us more than the OEM :D

trapperjohn likes this.
  10. CoyotesFan4Evr

OK here is the big question...I spent the day today watching some youtube videos of how to flash a custom rom to my TB. The video was from Natmil. Now my big question is two parts. One I have clockwork recovery and I did that from rom manager. What else do I need to do? My second part is what is a radio and do I need to flash one if I do a custom rom. Which I plan on flashing what you suggested yeahha. I like the look of sense 3.0 and I think it would be awesome to have so I hope that this post reaches everyone that can help me seeing as it's only 1030 here and it is much later elsewhere for the many of you on different time zones. Thanks! I await your reply because I plan on doing this tonight, right now, as soon as I have a response and direction to go in.

11. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

there are directions to flash,wipe,etc. in post 3 of http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/353591-how-some-root-terminology.html. as for radios,youre are compatible with all the GB roms,so id prolly advise against changing them for now.

heres how i flash new roms:
    -run a titanium batch backup for all new apps and new versions
    -sync my contacts and calander with google
    -boot to recovery
    *make a backup! very important so you can get back to where you are if you dont like the new rom
    -wipe data/factory reset,wipe cache,wipe dalvik cache
    -flash new rom
    -reboot. after you sign in give it 20-30 minutes to sync and settle.
    -restore apps+app data ONLY. do not restore system data
    -re-set up your homescreens

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews