1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Some new user questions....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sptddog, Apr 30, 2010.

1. sptddog

sptddog Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I'm using POP3 mail. It works fine - but how the heck do I save a message? If I do as the manual says and hold the message from the all messages screen and get the option, there is no lock or save option. This will be really annoying if I can't save certain emails or sms texts.

SMS - do I honestly need the tracked conversations? Is there a way to turn that off? On my BB, it tracked, but I could change it to not track, or only track 1 message before, etc. My husband doesn't need to see a vent about him that shows up 10 messages down between me and a girlfriend. :rolleyes:

WTH size do I make picture to use it as my wallpaper? I read the 980x800 or whatever it was, but all that does is give me 1 eye and nose on each kid. I want to see it normal on the screen. I don't care if it doesn't 'move' on the other home screens. Call me old-fashioned. :p

Love the 'main' clock with it's animated weather - but does it have to be so darn BIG? Can it be re-sized?

TIA - I searched on all these, but mostly got linked to the tip and tricks, which is a bazillion pages long. Wading through is a nightmare of time. I wish the search function took me directly to the post - that would be super useful!!!

Advertisement

2. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    When you search, you can tell it to show you posts. That will show only the posts with your search terms.

3. sptddog

sptddog Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Thanks - that's good to know for future - still didn't find any answers though. :)