1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

some news about 2.1 on the droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimbubba3, Jan 7, 2010.

1. jimbubba3

jimbubba3 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Landscaper
    Maine
    I just saw a post online saying that the droid won't be getting some of the 3d aspects of the 2.1 update but they said the cliq would. Does that make any sense ? If the cliq can run it I would assume the droid could.

Advertisement

2. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    source?...i find that very unlikely

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    Hey, here's a thought ... why don't we hang tight and see what actually happens instead off guessing and speculating??? Just a thought. I know I can get kinda crazy sometimes. :rolleyes:

4. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    man your out of your mind, the world is ending in 2012 who has time to wait :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: :rolleyes::cool::D

5. jimbubba3

Jan 4, 2010
    Landscaper
    Maine
    Speculation is the best part of the 2.1 update. No one knows what will truly happen. We all know that waiting to see what happens is inevitable,we have no choice but to wait. I just like seeing what everyone is saying.

6. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    i just dont see how the cliq could get something over the droid..not only is the droid the more popular phone right now but its more capable

7. Cerebral Assasn

Cerebral Assasn New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    United States
    I think most of what is being said in the previous link was just speculation on the part of the website. Looking at a couple of other websites...they state that the Motorola CEO says that Droid will get the upgrade, but that's as far as he went....

Motorola: Droid, Cliq Getting Updates - Reviews by PC Magazine

I think it's all speculation at this point. We all know Droid is capable, so I assume we will get the 2.1 update with all the features....

8. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    i heard you can control your microwave AND your wife with the 2.1 update.....THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

9. jimbubba3

Jan 4, 2010
    Landscaper
    Maine
    My thoughts exactly. I am going to assume that its a miss print and they meant to say the cliq won't have the 3d features. I running humancyborgs 2.1 rom on my droid as we speek and its runs almost perfect so I know it can handle 2.1

10. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Pretty sure that the nexus doesn't have any htc skins over the stock android, so if that is the stock android it will be the same thing on the droid

11. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    the 2.1 droid update will be identical to what is in the Nexus One, since it is stock. And if for some reason its not, just root your phone and make it so. Simple

12. jimbubba3

Jan 4, 2010
    Landscaper
    Maine
    I had contemplated unrooting my droid, and then I came to my senses. Once everything is open sourced from the nexus one we will have access to a great rom.

13. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    There are so many different stories about the Droid and 2.1 floating around right now. Every website or person has their own account of what was said and their own interpretation. The only thing we can be pretty certain of is that we will get it - and probably soon. The details are unfortunately still a mystery. There are too many different rumors for me to trust any one in particular.

14. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    One website said that the Motorola CEO said both the Droid and Eris would be getting 2.1. Of course, the Eris is built by HTC, not Motorola. You have to understand that not all these writers know what they're talking about.

15. SharonW

SharonW Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Well, the thing is, the Droid is not getting upated. It is, however, getting the 2.1 upDate in full. ;) I'd hardly trust a site that misspells "update" in their graphic.

For all, here are the words directly from the CEO's (SJ- Sanjay Jha) mouth from an interview with Engadget:

I tell you, half of the media and blogs that cover these stories play a very bad game of grapevine and do absolutely NO research of their own.