• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some (not all) camera apps stopped working

crabocado

Jul 11, 2012
This is really weird. The default Camera app in my Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 (system 2.3.6) suddenly shows only black screen, as if I had something covering the lens (both front and back cameras do this). So I checked my other camera apps. Pudding Camera and Zoom Camera both have the same problem -- it's all black. These three apps are functioning, they just are not displaying any image. However, two other apps, Cartoon Camera and Night Vision Camera both work fine, so I know the camera itself is working.

I guess there must be some corrupted software component that is used by those first three apps but not the other two? Is there a way to check for / repair this kind of software problem?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones