1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Some odd charging issues.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mitchellvii, Sep 5, 2010.

1. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Hi guys,

EVO is behaving strangely in the charging department. Makes me wonder if I have one of those defective usb ports I've read about. Anyway, here are the symptoms:

1. When in the car, as long as my charge is about 25% or so, I can have the charger plugged in and it will charge as I use it. The red light remains on. However, if I go below 25% or so, it NO LONGER CHARGES if I am using it. The red light comes on for a second when I plug it in, then goes out.

But, if I turn the phone OFF, bingo, the red light comes back on and it charges.

I think this started happening about the time I upgraded to Froyo. Is this a Froyo bug? This is NOT an issue when I charge at home off the AC - phone always charges all the time when plugged in whether I am using it or not.

2. Occasionally, the phone just won't turn on, even if it has a charge. I have figured out the only way to solve this is to take the battery out and (not kidding on this part), slap the phone against my palm a few times, then replace the battery and the phone starts right up EVEN IF I DON'T PUSH THE POWER BUTTON AGAIN. Yup, weirdness.

I am thinking that perhaps this is due to have my underclock set to low on SetCPU when the screen is off. I have reset that higher and maybe that will solve this.

*The thing that is troubling about these issues is they seem to be kind of random which makes me think maybe I have a bad connection somewhere inside - especially since giving it a "Fonzie" smack seems to fix it.

Advertisement

Tags: