1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Some old Apple stuff

Discussion in 'Computers' started by zuben el genub, Jul 22, 2013.

1. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Animated GIFs on an Apple II

Reminds me of the old computer games.
    I remember one of my kid's friends having a mess of the old games on the 5 1/4 disks. Some of those games were pretty good.

Advertisement

2. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Owensboro, KY
    Oregon Trail was the most popular //e game i remember from my days of grade school, followed by Odell Lake in 2nd place, and Jenny's Journeys in third (for some reason i cannot find that last one anywhere online even on abandonware sites.)

Other favorites consisted of:

Number Munchers

Spell-a-vators (like Journeys, impossible to find online)

Borrowed Time (high school had one //e left alive, apparently it was a mature game and never seen in lower grades--this one acted like a text-adventure RPG with some graphical elements above the command window)

3. jamesterren

jamesterren Lurker
    None

well nice you remembered that game, its was a awesome game.
    and always loved playing it.

4. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    I remember those LOL.... And when our school got a brand spankin new IIGS. Battlechess and WITW is Carmen Sandiego for days :rolleyes:

5. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Owensboro, KY
    when our school got the then-new IIgs units (eventually phasing out the //e's entirely by 5th grade) the //e games simply got ported to the 3.5" disks. i remember how turbo-speed the oxen in Oregon Trail were. you could literally speed-play it in five minutes because the game ran in overspeed due to the hardware in the IIgs. I didn't get to experience Carmen Sandiego until i had my first PC (was one of the many games included with it) other games i played often then included Super Solvers Midnight Rescue, Flight Simulator 3.x, Accolade's Test Drive, Silent Service, Apollo 18: Mission to the Moon (you needed a college degree to get through that one!) and Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing.

I also had the disks to the first internet system i used, Prodigy Service (NOT Prodigy Internet which came later)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]