• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some photos will not display as background in messaging

I have a catalog of pictures that I use as backgrounds for different people in messaging. Some will not load, or appear to load but after leaving the customization screen do not appear. I have looked at their attributes (properties) on both the phone and the computer where I keep the backup (more information) and there doesn't seem to be any differences except size and that doesn't seem to be a factor as some which load are large and some that don't are small. Some are from my pictures and some are downloaded images. All are jpegs.

Here is an update. I was using my daughter's messaging background as a test. I tried to replace the anime girl with a panda. It failed to load. I tried to use a picture of Dr. Strange and it tried to load but didn't actually show up. I tried to put the anime girl back and it wouldn't allow it to load. I booted the phone; I did not remove the battery. On boot up, Dr. Strange was now the background for my daughter's messaging, and it still won't replace the good Dr. with any other picture, even those which are already messaging backgrounds and contact pictures. It won't allow the good Dr to load, but isn't removing it from the messaging background.

Upvote 0
Ok, second update. I wiped the sd card and reformatted it in the phone. I created the folders on the phone. I transferred the files from the PC to the phone, not in the adapter in the SD slot on the PC. Guess what......IT STILL WON'T LOAD ANY PICTURES into the messaging contacts. Someone has to know what the problem is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones