• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some questions about basic usage

Okay, hold the laughter! :D I have some questions about basic use of my Bravo, and I don't even care how stupid they sound. :eek:

1) Let's say I'm playing a game on my Bravo. How do I switch to one of its other desktops? (Or whatever they're referred to on Android--I'm a Linux person and we've had multiple desktops for decades, so that's what I call them.) In other words, how do I leave my game on its current desktop, switch to another desktop where I can run something else, and then come back to my game?

2) How do I adjust the volume WHILE doing something like...oh...playing a game? (Yeah, I like games!) The volume control on the side adjusts the RINGER'S volume while I'm playing a game, not the game's volume.

I think that's all for now.

With android you have a form of multitasking. When you pause your game press the home key to get to your home screen then do whatever it is you are needing to do i.e. text message, phone call. Then long press your home button till a box will appear on the center of the screen with six of your most recent apps. Touch the game you want to go back to, and there ya go. The volume issue I don't know. When I play a game or have music playing the volume rocker controls the media volume not the ring tone. I looked to see if thee was a setting that may be making yours do that but couldn't find one. Does it do that for all the games you play or only a few?

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
Thank you, MC! (And thanks for not laughing...at least not where I could see it. :D)

I had no idea about the "long press home key" thingie--works great.

As for the volume issue, it varies depending on what it is I'm running. Certain apps, like music, it works as expected, controlling the media's volume, but with others, like a specific game I play, it remains as the ringer volume control, not the game's. I, too, have searched for any kind of setting that may control this, but since its behavior varies from app to app I don't think there is a system setting for it. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones