• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some Questions (rooting)

Bluz

Nov 10, 2011
1. Is it possible to root a LG optimus one phone, will it increase my phones default memory by anything if I do this? Also what are the perks to rooting a phone and how hard is it exactly?...

2. Is it possible to get more default storage anyway on my phone at all? I want to dl some apps that are quite big actually but never can (Yes all my apps are set to be on the SD card if possible)

3. Can I put in a bigger SD card? I believe regular SD cards go up to 4GB Do they not?

4. How hard is it to make an app as I would like to make one for my company for the android :)

5. Do I need to be connected to my computer to delete contents off my SD card? As I would like to delete some of my ring tones that are getting annoying.

6. How do I change my phone notifications/ringtones to be louder and come out of the speaker, cause they sometimes well most of the time sound like there coming out really low as if I was talking to someone on the phone.

7. Is it possible to make a full backup of my phone and format it to see if it fixes my marketplace issue?

8. How and what is googles contact number for technical support for android phones?...

9. Do you know of any cool app that downloads cool little icon images to use for peoples icon for when I'm phoning/emailing them? For my mom I got a picture of her butt and my gf I got a picture of my teddy bear :)

10. Can you reply in this fashion and do you love your android more then an Iphone?

1. Is it possible to root a LG optimus one phone, will it increase my phones default memory by anything if I do this? Also what are the perks to rooting a phone and how hard is it exactly?...
Yes it is.
No it won't significantly.
Google is your friend for rooting info or the forum here specific to your phone.

2. Is it possible to get more default storage anyway on my phone at all?
Some, by deleting unwanted software. But you only have so much physical memory.

3. Can I put in a bigger SD card? I believe regular SD cards go up to 4GB Do they not?
32GB

4. How hard is it to make an app as I would like to make one for my company for the android :)
From your questions I can safely say it requires far more expertise than you have at this point.

5. Do I need to be connected to my computer to delete contents off my SD card? As I would like to delete some of my ring tones that are getting annoying.
No.
Ringtones aren't annoying if you don't use them and take up very little space.

6. How do I change my phone notifications/ringtones to be louder and come out of the speaker,
Read your phone's manual.

7. Is it possible to make a full backup of my phone and format it to see if it fixes my marketplace issue?
Most stuff can be backed up with MyBackup or similar apps. A truly complete backup requies root access.
What market issue?

8. How and what is googles contact number for technical support for android phones?
Google cannot be contacted by phone. Try your carrier's tech support.

9. Do you know of any cool app that downloads cool little icon images to use for peoples icon for when I'm phoning/emailing them? For my mom I got a picture of her butt and my gf I got a picture of my teddy bear :)
I don't know offhand but I'd bet there is.
Mom's butt and a teddy bear. How charming...

10. Can you reply in this fashion and do you love your android more then an Iphone?
No way I can imitate your style.
iPhones suck.

Upvote 0

I would recommend you look in here:

Optimus One - All Things Root - Android Forums

Also, the non-root discussion area for your device:

LG Optimus One (P500) - Android Forums

2. Is it possible to get more default storage anyway on my phone at all? I want to dl some apps that are quite big actually but never can (Yes all my apps are set to be on the SD card if possible)

It depends largely on your device, but you should be able to delete some bloat apps that will free up some space.

Depends on the limitations of your device. Some phones can accept 32GB microSD cards, some can only accept 16GB microSD cards. I would recommend you check your manual or manufacturer's website for details.

I, myself, am learning how to program. It's not hard, so far, just a lot of detail you need to learn. Check out the following forum for some info:

Developer 101 - Android Forums

You can delete anything from your SD card from your phone with an app. I recommend ES File Explorer. If you root your phone, you can even use that app to delete ringtones that are built into the OS.

6. How do I change my phone notifications/ringtones to be louder and come out of the speaker, cause they sometimes well most of the time sound like there coming out really low as if I was talking to someone on the phone.

Make sure your sound settings are all the way up in Settings > Audio > Volume. If they are, try the following app:

DSP Manager Equalizer for Android - xda-developers

Then change the speaker volume to be louder for you. I recommend playing an MP3 or something like that while you're adjusting settings.

Once you root, yes. But have you tried clearing your market data/cache? Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab > Scroll to Market and tap it > Clear data. Then retry the market.

8. How and what is googles contact number for technical support for android phones?...

You would actually have to contact LG. Google does not do direct technical support for Android. Although you can visit their help center and post a question and get answers there, but those answers are usually other users. So you might as well just stay here. :)

You can change the image of any contact by editing the contact and tapping the picture in the upper left. And why do you have a picture of your mom's butt?

There are a lot of threads here comparing Android to iPhone and why people here prefer Android. A lot of good reasons to pick.

Upvote 0
The market place issue I'm having is here,
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/469727-problem-cannot-connect-market.html#post3703737

Also Telus and LG both said they have no clue why I cannot connect to my market place and to contact google at google.com, It's like there f**king trolling me :(

Also the moms butt thing was, I always moon her and she mooned me one day when I was messing with my camera so I got her lol.

Another thing the opt one can hold a 32GB SDHC card?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones