• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some questions with OTA

jaybigboy34

Jan 14, 2010
I am having two problems since the OTA update. I am sure these have already been answered, but I am having trouble finding them. My first problem is that my swype is not working right anymore. It will let me type, but it will not let me swype. It says that this was configured for a previous version or something. My second problem is that my weather app forse closes all the time. Is there I fix for that also? Thanks for all the help in advance.

I am having two problems since the OTA update. I am sure these have already been answered, but I am having trouble finding them. My first problem is that my swype is not working right anymore. It will let me type, but it will not let me swype. It says that this was configured for a previous version or something. My second problem is that my weather app forse closes all the time. Is there I fix for that also? Thanks for all the help in advance.
If possible, they are now recommending a full factory reset with a redownload of your apps. I wouldn't hesitate for a second. Check out the sticky.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones