• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some questions...

I love this tablet. It is so nice! I bought it back in July and I am extremely happy with my purchase. I remember when I turned it on for the first time and saw the light bleeding over, I was quite disappointed but now I don't even notice it. Does anybody know when it will get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean? I read somewhere Toshiba is prepping a refreshed version of the Excite series, only with JB. Somewhere else I read JB is confirmed for these tablets.
So how does everybody like their tablet? I purchased the silicone case from Toshiba's accessory website for this tablet, and I am thinking about getting a portfolio folding case. Any ideas? Are there any other docks I could get like with a keyboard? I think it would be amazing if Toshiba created a keyboard dock for this tablet. Thanks!

I love mine! I had to come around to it, but after a little time and some comparisons I've come to really love the thing.
It's fast, stable, lightweight, powerful, and the screen actually kicks butt despite the light bleed.

While everyone would love to see ongoing support for this tablet from Toshiba, it is unclear if it will ever see an OS update at this time. (I also read conflicting info online about this.)

I found a dock. It is part number PA5015U-1PAP and works great.
I bought mine on Amazon, but that seller is out of stock on them now and the part number doesn't bring any up there, so you will have to do some diligent searching around to find one.
I would say if you are serious about finding a dock then get on it and find one NOW.
This tablet isn't a big seller at all, so nobody is going to be keeping accessories on their shelves for long.
EDIT
Just for fun I goggled that part number and almost all the links are sold out. it will be difficult to shop price on them too, so expect a dock to be a little pricey.
Some links I found in stock:
http://shop.neobits.com/toshiba_pa5015u1pap_excite_docking_station_1031993990.php
OOPS, make that the ONLY link. "Get it while you can" would apply here.
END EDIT

The case I found for mine is nice, but adds weight and size to the tablet:
Amazon.com: rooCASE Dual-Axis (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover with 23 Adjustable Portrait / Landscape Stand for Toshiba Excite AT305 10.1-Inch Tablet: Computers & Accessories

While it is highly unlikely that we'll see any more official accessories from Toshiba for this tablet, there are plenty of generic cases with keyboards built into them out there for 10-inch tablets right now. Some are better than others, so it's a good idea to shop around, use a seller that accepts returns and read reviews if any are available.

Personally I'm using the Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard which I have found to be really great.
I've also used mine with a bluetooth mouse, speakers, and a game controller.
The Xbox 360 wireless controller also works if you use the USB dongle for it.

It is also difficult to find much activity on forums online, so I try to cover this one and the Excite section over on the thrive forums too.
(sorry if it is a no-no to discuss other forums, but owners of this tablet don't have many places to go, and IMO deserve all the help and community support they can get.)

Upvote 0
I love this tablet. It is so nice! I bought it back in July and I am extremely happy with my purchase. I remember when I turned it on for the first time and saw the light bleeding over, I was quite disappointed but now I don't even notice it. Does anybody know when it will get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean? I read somewhere Toshiba is prepping a refreshed version of the Excite series, only with JB. Somewhere else I read JB is confirmed for these tablets.
So how does everybody like their tablet? I purchased the silicone case from Toshiba's accessory website for this tablet, and I am thinking about getting a portfolio folding case. Any ideas? Are there any other docks I could get like with a keyboard? I think it would be amazing if Toshiba created a keyboard dock for this tablet. Thanks!

I also read that online so I went to twitter and asked when will we receive JellyBean on my Excite 10, a rep from Toshiba responded "with we will keep you posted". Putting two and two together I assume the update will most likely come after the "refreshed" excite comes out. I have no problems waiting since I'm very pleased with my device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones