• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some quirks I've noticed and had questions about

JohnStamos

Lurker
Nov 15, 2009
Ive had the phone since its release and I absolutely love it, but there are a few small things that really irritate me.

1) Importing photos - When I import photos to my computer there are doubles for every photo. One of the them is a larger photo, and the other is a thumbnail. Any ideas?

2) Music track listings - When I put music onto the phone, instead of sorting all the music by the track listing, it sorts them alphabetically. I import all my music through Windows Media Player and on my computer, all the tracks are in the proper order.....

3) Navigation - When I have the phone in the navigation dock and do a voice or regular search, instead of taking me straight to the navigation it does a google search. From there I have to select the address on the map then select to navigate to there. This even happens when its a clear cut address with no other duplicates. Small issue but annoying none the less.

If anyone has any input I'd greatly appreciate it, Thanks!!

Ive had the phone since its release and I absolutely love it, but there are a few small things that really irritate me.

1) Importing photos - When I import photos to my computer there are doubles for every photo. One of the them is a larger photo, and the other is a thumbnail. Any ideas?

2) Music track listings - When I put music onto the phone, instead of sorting all the music by the track listing, it sorts them alphabetically. I import all my music through Windows Media Player and on my computer, all the tracks are in the proper order.....

3) Navigation - When I have the phone in the navigation dock and do a voice or regular search, instead of taking me straight to the navigation it does a google search. From there I have to select the address on the map then select to navigate to there. This even happens when its a clear cut address with no other duplicates. Small issue but annoying none the less.

If anyone has any input I'd greatly appreciate it, Thanks!!

How are you going about importing your photos, and where do you have them saved on your phone?

Upvote 0
How are you going about importing your photos, and where do you have them saved on your phone?

Im using windows 7 and when I connect the droid to the computer a dialog box is displayed asking to "import photos", "navigate folders", blah blah blah and I just choose "import photos". I have my photos saved in the default location on the phone, no changes there.

Upvote 0
Im using windows 7 and when I connect the droid to the computer a dialog box is displayed asking to "import photos", "navigate folders", blah blah blah and I just choose "import photos". I have my photos saved in the default location on the phone, no changes there.

This is completely natural. Android (properly) stores thumbnails of each photo so when you're browsing through the thumbnail list of photo's on your phone, it doesn't have to reprocess/resize them all in real time.

Your windows7 import wizard is just blindly importing all the image files it can find. You have to find a way to ignore the thumbnail ones, or just drag and drop the full images onto your pc, then import them from there. Android stores the thumbnails and the original photos in separate folders, so this should be very easy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones