• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Some Root Application Questions

bigbabys

Android Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2009
Largo, FL
I'm concerned with the safety of trying some of my favorite root applications. As of right now the "SBF" process for the Bionic seems a little complicated so I don't want to mess with it just yet. So has anyone tried:

Using Autokiller Memory Optimizer -

I suppose with 1GB of ram I probably wouldn't even need this app, but I'm just curious :D

Using ADFree Android-

I looooove this app, I miss it already. But I'm nervous about messing with my hosts file

The majority consensus is that it's safe to root now, just need to be careful. So this is me being careful :D How far have you guys pushed the envelope?

I froze too many apps and started having FC issues with the phone app. I then performed a factory restore and re-rooted, and am about to go back and freeze some more apps, this time with a look at this list:

http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/411737-froze-stuff-using-tbu.html#post3199282

As for apps that use root, I have:

• AdFree
  • Busybox Installer (Pro)
  • Cachemate
  • ROM Manager
  • Root Explorer
  • SDRescan
  • SetCPU
  • Superuser
  • Superuser Elite
  • TempMonitor
  • Titanium backup

Most I cannot really use yet, but they are there, mainly b/c I already paid for them, so....

Upvote 0
I froze too many apps and started having FC issues with the phone app. I then performed a factory restore and re-rooted, and am about to go back and freeze some more apps, this time with a look at this list:

http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/411737-froze-stuff-using-tbu.html#post3199282

As for apps that use root, I have:

• AdFree
  • Busybox Installer (Pro)
  • Cachemate
  • ROM Manager
  • Root Explorer
  • SDRescan
  • SetCPU
  • Superuser
  • Superuser Elite
  • TempMonitor
  • Titanium backup
Most I cannot really use yet, but they are there, mainly b/c I already paid for them, so....

So is AdFree working without issues?

Upvote 0
I actually had the same problem with the phone app FCing. I tracked it down and found that if you freeze either of the yahoo mail apps (app & yahoo contact), it will cause that. I unfroze them then it was all good.

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones