1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Some ?'s for MIUI users...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flyinjoe13, Aug 9, 2011.

1. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 18, 2010
    Just flashed two different MIUI versions, 1.3.5 and 1.8.5. There are things about both that I like so I keep bouncing between the two on a day to day basis. Overall I like 1.8.5 better (except for the white text bug on a few apps), but I have terrible transfer rates from my PC to the phone with this version so it bugs me when I try to transfer larger files. I know it's not a ROM problem because I had the same trouble with the Evervolv ROM. Seems to be a Gingerbread issue.

I have a couple of questions about 1.8.5:

1.) Battery life seems a bit less than what i'm used to. Is there a better kernel to use than the stock one?

2.) Signal strength is way less than I was getting with the Evervolv ROM. Don't know what radio that one used, but was curious if there is an updated radio that I should be using? The one listed in the ROM is 2.15.00.07.28

3.) Looking for a good dark theme to use with 1.8.5. I wouldn't mind one that is basically stock but instead of white backgrounds (for things like the notification window, etc.), i'd like them to be black. Everything else (like the lockscreen, etc.) i'd like to stay the same. Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Advertisement

2. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    1.3.5 is 5 months old. I would use 1.8.5 and update weekly.

The rom doesn't change your radio. It uses what you have. I use 7.28 for now

I use Chad's incredikernel. I love it. Charges very fast and lasts longer for me

ReDARKened 2.75 is what I use for a theme. I changed the icons back to stock and made a few other minor changes. The great thing about miui is the ability to pick and choose items from downloaded themes to customize. Love it.

flyinjoe13 likes this.
  3. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 18, 2010
    Thanks for the information. Will check those things out you suggested.