1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Some SMS Messages received start new thread, then thread disappears

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Ellie B, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Ellie B

Ellie B Lurker

I have a Motorola Moto G.

I have a problem with some (but not all) SMS messages disappearing after they have been received.

I am able to see them when I click on the message received notification. It looks like they are starting a new thread, but I am then unable to access this thread through messages. I am sometimes (but not always) able to see this thread when another message is received from the same contact.

I can access other threads (i e from the same contact) in messages.

I use the stock SMS app. I have tried switching to Hangouts, but the same thing happens.

Has anyone had the same problem, or does anyone have any idea for fixing this?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ellie B

Ellie B Lurker

I've worked out the missing messages are going to the Three In Touch App I have installed. haven't managed to sort it out but at least I can find them now.

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Welcome to the forum :)

Glad you've (partially) sorted this out. I don't know "Three in Touch", but it seems to be some WiFi-based call/message app from your provider. The description isn't completely clear about how it works, but I wonder if it's using an internet-based messaging when both of you are using this app, and standard SMS when not. Do the misplaced messages only occur when the sender is using this app, or when you are on WiFi and hence using it?

Only guessing here, but it's an odd enough problem that I'm kinda curious myself about what's happening.

4. Ellie B

Ellie B Lurker

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to work out patterns for the texts that go astray to this app. I know 2 of the people who's texts have gone 'astray' are not on the Three network so that rules that out. I leave the app on while I'm in the house so it is connected most of the time. The texts that go astray are not confined to times I'm making a call using the app, and most texts are received as normal when the app is connected and/or when I'm making a call using the app. So far, I cannot find a pattern.

I would remove the app, but I have ended up on the Three network due to coverage problems in my house, and need the app to boost the signal.

I'll let you know if I figure anything else out. (I can see that other people are having issues with this app).