• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some songs not showing up in library.

fruitfly

Lurker
Sep 25, 2011
I have googled the living crap out of this and I usually don't post a question unless I have no other option so here goes. Some songs from my android library appear no different from the others but do not show up on my artists list.. I can manually select them from astro and play but they will not automatically be added to the library.. I have tried poweramp, the standard android player, tunewiki, and I have tried various track identifying software. The particular album that I want to add is in wma format.. It seemed to work before I reset my phone to factory settings and updated the firmware to 2.3, All songs are identified and tagged to my knowledge and I have no idea how to resolve this problem.

Two peanuts walk down the street together, one was assaulted.

Thats odd because there are tons of other wma files in my library.. And if the android player doesnt support it poweramp surely will.

The files play fine if I locate them myself.. But will never appear on the library.

Same with the Pink Floyd album which is in FLAC (only plays on poweramp)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones