1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Some tips and tricks

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by akutasame94, Oct 1, 2014.

1. akutasame94

akutasame94 Well-Known Member

So as missleading as the title may be, I am not the one giving tips. I need one. I was always into writing and creating (I draw a little too), and I always held a special place in my heart for handheld gaming (tho I still think of playstation as the ultimate gaming experience). Either way, making a PC game, or console game is out of the question, not only I have no resources, but I also lack the knowledge of coding. So some time ago, I heard that android development is a lot simpler, and can be learned rather quickly. And considering how much I love my android phone and gaming on it, I was like 'Why wouldn't I learn to make games on android?'

But hey, turns out I have no idea how to do so.

basically if there are any developers here, I would like them to tell me, what do I need to create games (so which software, what knowledge), where can I obtain what I need (tutorials, download links) and some tips on how to learn as fast as possible.

Also if someone has any experience in making rpg games (mostly jrpgs, as I do not wanna tackle 3D graphics and western style at the start, jrpg with simple sprites and commands looks the easiest) please feel free to help out.

If I posted in wrong section, move please :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yep....moved you to the app development forum for better views with developers who hopefully can help answer your questions.

3. Manaya

Manaya Member