• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some VZW CSR BS?

soulesschild

Dec 1, 2009
So I called VZW CSR today to just inquire about the new shared data plans and the CSR told me that I should upgrade because my current phone isn't on 4G yet (The Thunderbolt). I informed her that when I bought the phone and signed the contract that I was promised I was going to be on the 4G network and have 4G speeds. She repeatedly and vehemently told me that even though my phone was "4G capable" that I was on the 3G network......

Needless to say when the VZW automated system called me back to review my "experience" I gave them all negative reviews and politely recorded a message that trying to spread disinformation is shady and downright horrible business practice.

In the end, I'm still sad I can't get a SG3 on a subsidized price but I think keeping the unlimited data plan is worth it to me....anyways...

/don tinfoil hat
Now maybe it's just a case of misinformation or just trying to convince me to go from unlimited to the shared plan but do you guys think VZW will suddenly "cap/downgrade" people that haven't moved to the new shared data plans?
/remove tinfoil hat

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones