1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Somebody please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spamlewin, Jun 16, 2011.

1. spamlewin

spamlewin Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    So I rooted my LG Ally running 2.2.3. I used GingerBreak V 1.1 (or something like that). After, I downloaded some app called ClockWork Mod. It sounded pretty cool (the whole ROM thing fascinates me). I downloaded a rom called Dapper Duck 1.4. It completely screwed up my phone. I'm stuck in the boot cycle. I see the LG logo. Next, I see the naimated Verison thing, and about a second into that, it shut off, and repeated it. I started freaking out, and desperately looking up solutions. I am looking for a tutorial (preferably video, as I'm new to this, although a simple step by step explanation willl be just as good). any help can be greatly appreciated. Oh, BTW, I'm looking to "flash a stock rom" to my phone. Any version will be good, as long as it's standard "Verizon" software. I tried a tutorial by death2all110,a nd I got nothing but a few errors and a software application with a bunch of question marks. PLEASE HELP ME!

PS: The tutorial in question that didn't work is here: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/257859-unbrick-lg-ally-updated-3-2-2011-a.html

So please dont send me there.

Advertisement

2. cr5315

cr5315 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Narnia
    Hit the link in my sig for the IRC. It's a big chatroom with people who can help.

Dapper Duck is a rom from the old days. Back when the Ally ran android 2.1. now it runs 2.2. You can't flash a 2.1 rom when you're running 2.2. That's why your phone got bricked.

spamlewin likes this.
  3. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert
    None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    No need to post this again, but in case you didnt see it, heres my response to your other post. and if you get this straightened out. Maybe you ought to just leave your phone stock so you dont run into issues again. Or do ALOT of reading. And again Velocity is not the ONLY all ROM out there. There are the Byron ROMs, Frunisher, and A Froyo ROM if you want stock feel but deodexed so you can theme.

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-t...nate-v6-restore-method-updated-5-24-11-a.html

Theres a link to the LGNPST Guide, if that doesnt work and you dont have fastboot. You are pretty much SOL.

spamlewin likes this.
  4. d3310n

d3310n Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 13, 2011
    florida
    What method did you use to root? The guide or soc?
    That would help us detirmine whether you have fastboot or not.

5. cr5315

cr5315 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Narnia
    He doesn't have fastboot

6. KingOfGreen

None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    Oh my jesus, rooting with GingerBreak or SOC doesnt mean you DONT have fastboot.
    If the phone was shipped with ZV6 and has obly taken OTA updates (not LGMU) then you would still have fastboot access. That being said its VERY unlikely that the phone is that old and therefore PROBABLY does not have fastboot access.

7. spamlewin

spamlewin Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    Wow. Thanks for all the help everyone! I hope to get my phone reflashed, do my homework, then download Velocity. It seems like a cool rom, at least according to all the threads about it.

8. spamlewin

spamlewin Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    I tried everything, and I'm still getting a fastboot screen of death. If i take it to the verizon store, will they be able to tell if:

a) I downloaded a non-OS version of the software (the ROM)
    b) If I rooted my phone
    c) Will they be able to give me a new one?

9. KingOfGreen

None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az

STOP and listen. get your phone into the blue screen, download the "lite" zip from the 2.2 root guide run that and flash stock rooted or velocity like that. refer to the guide for info on the fastboot drivers. problem solved, hopefully. if it gives you a error (only seen it on HTCs with S-On and im not sure exactly how it works with the ally because Ive seen people with fastboot locked that with certain errors end up in fastboot but dont know if they can write with it) then the bootloader is locked and you're probably SOL. in that case take it into verizon, tell them you were on 2.2.1 and go the update to 2.2.2 and this happened. if you decide to root the new phone or you get this one working and want to stay rooted. DO SOME READING because then you may not have ended up in this position anyway!

10. spamlewin

spamlewin Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    Ok. Can I get a link to that root guide? Or a link to the file?

11. dautley

dautley Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Dickson, TN.
    KingOfGreen likes this.
Tags: