• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root somehow lost recovery...

aequitas3

Mar 22, 2010
New Jersey
i dunno how exactly this happened, but somehow i lost the recovery BH_MAN made...here's what i did before i lost it...

I switched over to Galaxy r8 to adb pull /system to copy the files to my computer. then i switched back to WARHEADS. after that, i then adb pushed contacts.apk, phone.apk, and googlecontactsprovider.apk (after correctly renamed for the first two, the third one cuz i read in the forums that BH_MAN thought it was needed for contacts and phone to work correctly w/o f/c's...) and then reseted the phone, via recovery, and that's when i noticed it was gone... i thought that flashing the recovery.tar would fix it, but after putting my phone into recovery mode (vol down + call + end) it appears that didn't help...

so now what?

i dunno how exactly this happened, but somehow i lost the recovery BH_MAN made...here's what i did before i lost it...

I switched over to Galaxy r8 to adb pull /system to copy the files to my computer. then i switched back to WARHEADS. after that, i then adb pushed contacts.apk, phone.apk, and googlecontactsprovider.apk (after correctly renamed for the first two, the third one cuz i read in the forums that BH_MAN thought it was needed for contacts and phone to work correctly w/o f/c's...) and then reseted the phone, via recovery, and that's when i noticed it was gone... i thought that flashing the recovery.tar would fix it, but after putting my phone into recovery mode (vol down + call + end) it appears that didn't help...

so now what?

Recovery / Kernel are build specific... That's why you lost recovery. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones