• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Someone Build a Good Video App Pleeeaze

sacbruda

Lurker
Oct 31, 2008
Agggh ..sorry just had to vent. I love my G! and the Android OS but man did the intro phone come ill-equiped or what? I even usless clam phones play video nowadays. We have 3-4 Apps that work in a limited fashion only and even those require some technical knowledge of file conversion. If someone can make an app that supports basic video formats seen on many of todays phone the G! and Android OS would be so much better off. I'm sure many are willing to pay at this point. :D

Agggh ..sorry just had to vent. I love my G! and the Android OS but man did the intro phone come ill-equiped or what? I even usless clam phones play video nowadays.

Um what has the design of the phone got to do with it's capabilities? There are s60 clam phones for start and they can hardly be classed as useless seeing as S60 is one of the most popular smartphone platforms around, with pretty powerful capabilities.

We have 3-4 Apps that work in a limited fashion only and even those require some technical knowledge of file conversion. If someone can make an app that supports basic video formats seen on many of todays phone the G! and Android OS would be so much better off. I'm sure many are willing to pay at this point. :D

It supports mp4 and I don't really see what other you would need from a personal point of view.

MP4 gives a better size and video quality that is more suitable to mobile sized screens, most if not all handsets these days use mp4 as their preffered video encoder. It has been pointed out there are simple hundreds of freeware applications out there that can do it in minutes. They have taken all the hard work out and all you do is select the screen size etc and away it goes.

What formats did you want supported as I honestly can't think of many that would be better for the handset than what is already supported?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones