1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Someone help me root 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zlpowerstroke, Aug 27, 2010.

1. zlpowerstroke

zlpowerstroke New Member

Aug 27, 2010
    If anyone could root my phone over teamviewer or something similar it would be great. I get so confused in the cmd prompt.

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Hi - welcome to the forums!

I'm sure before long, someone will help you - I'm not expert enough myself.

I do want to give you this sage advice - fortunately - you've left off your area code.

PLEASE DON'T POST SUCH PERSONAL INFO IN THE CLEAR!

Instead, invite others to PM you - that means to send a private message - you can get to that via the link above that says User CP, then later on that page - Inbox. It's a little forum email thing.

Also - from that User CP page - you can enter in your Yahoo or AIM or whatever chat id and it will give a little icon under your username. That opens the door for another way for someone to click to link to you, and just chat.

Now - kindly look under your post - there's a button that says Edit - use that, remove your number.

Android Forums is a very friendly place.

The internet is not a safe and friendly place - and there's spamming and identity-stealing software that automatically runs looking for open email address, phone numbers and anything else personal they can find to use against you.

Now - if you're running Windows - here's a step by step guide with pictures that I found dead simple and effective when I rooted on my lonesome a few months ago:

[TUTORIAL] IDIOT-PROOF Root Guide! NAND Unlock and ADB Update!! - xda-developers

And since then - they've made it way super-simple - using a method called Simpleroot -

[Program] SimpleRoot .1 ---- 3 Click Root w/ nand unlock!! - xda-developers

The brain trust around here is saying that's the way to go.

Kindly consider this thread, read it through -

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-procedure-explained.html#post1460819

And maybe you'll find you can get by without the direct help.

Please be sure and certain - I'm not criticizing your request in any way - just trying to guide you as best I can at this point.

Best luck, hope this helps!

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Wow! Very cool.

4. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    I think I will wait for simple root. i waited this long so I can wait a little longer. The hero seemed a little easier to root. I depend on my phone too much to risk it.

Tags: