• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Someone please god fix my gmail truncation problem!

hah2110

Dec 25, 2008
I have been trying to figure this out for over a month and no one on any forum can help. When I forward/reply from gmail on my phone, it doesn't retain the whole email chain. It just cuts the text off somewhere down the line. I've attached a picture to show what I mean. You can see where the email gets jumbled down at the bottom and you can even see how my signature is all whacky. gmail.jpg. Look at the messed up formatting on the last part of my message. My signature is there, but it isn't formatted, just all in one continuous line. Also, if I forward a message, a lot is cut off. Check this image: http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=yzum1mddn2n&thumb=6. I am using the built in gmail app on the rogers magic. Check this pic also: http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=mg1ymk5amym&thumb=6. I am showing you computer screen shots so you can see what I see on my computer or worse what the recipient would see on their end. I literally can't forward an e-mail because of this.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

I had this problem but it's easily fixed.. when you want to go back up to a previous email or reply just touch the screen where that cut off email is and the whole thing will appear.

That has nothing to do with the problem. Look at the images and the formatting. The e-mail is actually truncating meaning I can't forward an e-mail chain or even reply leaving all correspondance intact.

Upvote 0
So I did a test and deleted the gmail account and added one of my other accounts and it works fine. I even went through and matched up all of the settings between the two accounts. This is baffling. I readded my primary account and it is back to screwing up the html. I'll PAY TO GET HELP!

Upvote 0
Sadly I have the same problem on an HTC incredible. Very frustrating especially when there is a long email chain going back and forth between multiple friends. There's no way to see the whole email chain unless you search your inbox for each of the initial emails.

Does that make sense?

EDIT: I just realized how to remedy. When you open a new email that has already had multiple replies you will see a small text bar above the email saying "X read messages" where X = all the previous replies. When you click the text bar it will show all the old replies. Guessing this is old news but maybe it can help you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones