• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Someone please help me!!!

Is the device charging properly? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking there is a possibility of hardware failure (either the USB cable or the USB port).

Also, do you have any software installed that might be interfering? Any SYNC type software or even anti-virus can interfere ...

I'd try the Samsung Galaxy sub-forum... They'd probably know the answer rather than speculate (as I'm doing).

Reactions: KathyDriod
Upvote 0
Hmm.. what OS are you running? Does the USB work with other devices?

What I'm going at here is either
a) no driver installed (maybe..?)
b) USB is bad.... (less likely)

Look in the Android Phones or Android Tablets section for your device, those folks would likely know the solution (assuming it's with the device and not the comp - even then they'd probably know :))

Upvote 0
Did you change the USB connection type in the menu? When you normally plug in an Android device to your computer, you get a little notification in your notification bar, and if you pull that down, you can then tap on the icon and change the mode (on some, mostly newer, devices, so that it will be in charge mode only, or allow connections to your sdcard through the phone, etc.

Upvote 0
johnlgalt is correct. This confused me with my new HTC phone as you typically get access to the drive automatically when you plug in a USB with other devices. You need to manually choose what connection option you want as described above. Depending on your version of Android you will have the option to charge, access the internal storage as a drive or use the Internet of the PC / laptop you are plugged into via USB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones