1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Someone please help! Possible brick...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wes78, Feb 18, 2011.

1. wes78

wes78 Member

Long story short, I had custom rom with landscape issue. Downloaded cognition right to download folder. Then like an idiot I moved that file from /download to root. Phone wouldn't recognize usb to do Odin. I went to restore old perception restore, which is TOTALLY unstable. It tried to reboot itself 10 seconds after it boots. The phone does that "vibrate" thing when you know something is wrong. Anyway, like an IDIOT, I moved my cognition.zip to root directory, so when I restored unstable perception image it DELETED my cognition.zip. Do I have any options??? I can only get into my clockwork mod recovery. I don't know what to do. Someone please help me!!

Advertisement

2. Dante04SRT

Dante04SRT Well-Known Member

Can you get into Download Mode?

3. wes78

wes78 Member

I'm trying but it's not working. I just get the perception screen after att logo. But I can't boot up properly. unstable and tries to reboot itself. Am I done?

ok, I got into download, and started master clear with Odin3. Hope this works...

I did master clear rather than start. How long does it take? That doesn't get rid of the stuff on my sd card like DCIM pics or Titanium backup stuff, right?

4. wes78

wes78 Member

finally got it back to 2.1! Thank god... hahaha

5. JavaBrewer

JavaBrewer Newbie

My understanding is that regardless of how messed up the phone OS state is if you use Odin3 (and you have working USB drivers on your PC) you can restore the phone. Turn off the phone (or just pull the battery then replace). Then with Odin3 running on your computer and your phone off - hold the phone up/down buttons and connect the phone to your PC with USB cable. It should immediately go into download mode and Odin should see it. Then with Odin click "Start".

6. wes78

wes78 Member

yup, I got it.. thanks. the big issue I had was getting my stupid pc to recognize the drive. I'm at work, also. Same issue at home. It's random.. I have to switch the usb ports and plug/unplug randomly. It's so temperamental.

7. JavaBrewer

JavaBrewer Newbie

Sounds like it might be your USB drivers. I had the same problem with my phone until I got the correct drivers. Wish I documented which/where I got them... There should be a thread or 10 on this somewhere here or over at XDA.

Oh and make sure your phone is set to USB debugging. That is key for all this to work. Remember that after you use Odin the phone defaults to debugging turned off. You have to re-enable it.