1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Someone please help?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aaroncullop, May 18, 2011.

1. aaroncullop

aaroncullop Lurker

Alright so I have an LG Ally, running the 2.2.2 software and I think I f'd it up. I was using ROM manager to install a velocity 0.4 ROM and it all went smooth until it tried to reboot now it goes back and forth between lg screen and verizon wireless screen.. Does this mean my phone is bricked or broken? Please help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. maxearing

maxearing Member

sounds like your in boot loop, why would you put velocity .4 on 2.2.2.
    hold send, home, end and that will bring you to recovery
    then plug your phone into your computer and put velocity 1.1 zip (usb toggle to to get the zip)
    wipe/factory reset
    flash velocity 1.1
    that should work
    tell me if that works

aaroncullop likes this.
  3. DoctorZaius68

DoctorZaius68 Well-Known Member

Velocity 4 won't work with Froyo 2.2, because it's based on 2.1. Try using either Velocity 1.0 or 1.1.

I would also recomend staying away from Rom Manager. You can find everything you need to root and flash custom roms right here on these forums.

4. aaroncullop

aaroncullop Lurker

i got it to go to the reboot menu and I don't know where to go from here. I can't open the files for my Ally on my computer? I downloaded the drivers and it says they are installed but the view folder never comes up. I can find the device though. I figured it was just something wrong with the software so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and I still cannot view the files. Any help? Also I found the velocity 1.1 and downloaded it.

Before when I installed velocity 0.4 I installed it straight from the phone.

5. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

Boot into recovery by powering down and holding end+menu+send once there go down to usbms toggle or something like it (im not familiar with clockwork may be in mounts menu) and enable that witth eh usb plugged into the pc. Then copy the velocity 1.1 zip over to your sdcard, no folders just on the root of your sdcard. Back out and select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, go to advanced>wipe dalvik cache. Then go to install or flash zip from sdcard and select the velocity 1.1 zip

aaroncullop likes this.
  6. aaroncullop

aaroncullop Lurker

I can't get it to connect to my PC. I have no clue how to. I rooted it and installed velocity 0.4 through the phone. On the command screen on my phone (using the end+menu+call button) it says that the USB_transaction has failed. But I do have the drivers installed. So I am guessing I am just screwed.

7. KingOfGreen

Do you have anything else you can connect to the pc with a micro usb slot to put velocity 1.1 on it?

8. aaroncullop

aaroncullop Lurker

Such as? I might but I am not sure. I shouldn't have done this. No phone sucks.

9. aaroncullop

aaroncullop Lurker

Finally I got the device drivers to install correctly! Bout damn time. So what is the next step? There is folders, but I think the phone's original files were deleted somehow? It has one folder "clockworkmod" which goes into a backup that I made. The backup is useless though I just tried to backup the phone to see if it would help anything.. Anyone?

10. KingOfGreen

go back to my last post. just put velocity 1.1 zip on your sdcard and flash w/ clockwork

11. aaroncullop

aaroncullop Lurker

Thank you very much. Saved my ass!

12. KingOfGreen

you get the phone runnin?

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews