• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root someone please post the teleport sound from the droid eris.

Ive searched every single file in this phone and its nonexistent. but yet its there in my notification sounds. I really would like it for my cm9 ROM. the supposed sound is on my cm7 backup. I'm beyond irritated cause I've been searching for literally 3 hours. please someone post this for me before I throw my less than week old Triumph at a wall. thanks

Ive searched every single file in this phone and its nonexistent. but yet its there in my notification sounds. I really would like it for my cm9 ROM. the supposed sound is on my cm7 backup. I'm beyond irritated cause I've been searching for literally 3 hours. please someone post this for me before I throw my less than week old Triumph at a wall. thanks

If it's in the CM7 backup, then download one of the ROMs you got your backup from and unzip it.
Look in /system/media/ and it should be in the notifications folder if it's in your notifications list. If it isn't, then look in your SD card. You may have downloaded it or made it with an app. If so, then it would be put in /sdcard/media/audio/notifications/, Well, that's where it is on my phone.:D

Reactions: slayer60973
Upvote 0
oh trust me I've looked 20+ times. I've even searched my entire internal memory. for all the . ogg files with es file explorer and nothing.: I've even downloaded other file managers and looked through with those cause I've noticed that es file explorer sometimes doesn't show some files. I've looked through the roms even extracted them and nothing. I have no idea where it could be. I've looked through system/media 50 times. its like a ghost. I've played every single .ogg file in system/media and its not there.

Upvote 0
and another thing I noticed is that when I extracted the ROM all the sounds duplicated in my notifications except for teleport...... WTF IS GOING ON.

The phone is reading the sounds from the sdcard most likely since it is in a folder when extracted not a .zip.

YESSZSZSSSSS THATS IT!! YOU ARE THE MAN!! or WOMAN!! BUT thank you so much. :D thank you thank you thank youthank you.

I'm a guy. And you are welcome. :D

Upvote 0
The phone is reading the sounds from the sdcard most likely since it is in a folder when extracted not a .zip.

I'm a guy. And you are welcome. :D

coolio, now I can finally spit out this gingerbread and have some ice cream with my favorite topping of teleport. btw skullcandy buds rock. the only headphones I use. :)
edit: wait I forgot it was ice cream sandwich.... oh well it still has a top :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones