• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Someone posted @ removing stock / old apps that FC

horsecharles

Android Expert
Dec 14, 2010
NYC
In one of the custom rom threads.

One example given, the stock mms replaced.

For the life of me cannot find it, which is just as well so as not to hijack and/or smear the poor rom developer.

Has anybody been through stock or older(and unupdated in a while) apps that either FC or random reboot phone...especially on multiple roms/kernels sampled?

TIA

In one of the custom rom threads.

One example given, the stock mms replaced.

For the life of me cannot find it, which is just as well so as not to hijack and/or smear the poor rom developer.

Has anybody been through stock or older(and unupdated in a while) apps that either FC or random reboot phone...especially on multiple roms/kernels sampled?

TIA

K sorry i got lost wat are you looking for?

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
K sorry i got lost wat are you looking for?

You are so helpful, i can't thank you enough!

Someone posted that they removed stock and older apps with newer third-party apps...stock mms was one, because they were causing FC's.

This was in one of the custom ROMS threads.

Was curious if anyone else endured anything similar, besides of course, that list of apps removed & replaced.

Upvote 0
You are so helpful, i can't thank you enough!

Someone posted that they removed stock and older apps with newer third-party apps...stock mms was one, because they were causing FC's.

This was in one of the custom ROMS threads.

Was curious if anyone else endured anything similar, besides of course, that list of apps removed & replaced.

OH K wat i know you can not delete the stock mms.apk and replace it with a third party app,the only ones i do know is the camera.apk and the gallery.apk you can delete those and use a third party app,you can always replace the mms with another one, for example if your using black plaque and you dont like the mms on there you can replace it with rom #2 mms you just got to delete the mms from BP and place the mms you want to system/apps and reboot thats it.Then again i could be wrong about using a third party mms app and replace it for a stock mms.apk I hope that help you out,if not ill keep trying to give as much information you need :)

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones