• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

something interesting i noticed about google play.

jova33

Android Expert
Oct 19, 2011
El Paso
not really interesting. more annoying than anything. you cannot delete your app history from google play. so apps that i've installed, thought were dumb, uninstalled, are still there when i go under my apps. it's really annoying. every theme for go launcher ex that i've uninstalled, and there's no way to clear your history.........

.....but at least you only have to look at the "Installed" screen. The "uninstalled" are on a separate screen.

That's true on your phone, but not on a computer in Chrome. I do about 50/50 phone/computer when installing apps. I find it easier to search and read reviews when on the computer. I agree that it's really annoying to have all of the previously installed/uninstalled apps mixed in with currently installed ones when viewing Google Play on the computer.

Upvote 0
so wait, you can't even go into applications --> google play store --> clear cache and clear data? I thought that did it...

Nope. Google saves it for you. So when you installed the pof app, then deleted it, and your wife goes onto your phone or google play, she's going to see you had plentyoffish installed on your phone.

Upvote 0
:X! i'm trying not to laugh at your misfortune...

But if anyone here is rooted...
Clear Market History ( Root ) | AppBrain Android Market

I'm pretty sure that only deletes it off your phone, not erases Google's history of your purchases/downloads. (Also, apps on amazon appstore are the same way, once you select it, you're stuck with it on your app list)

Also, another reason why sideloading is (sometimes) better ;)

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
What's sideloading? And yeah, she already saw I had that installed and deleted. Big fight.... Lol. I had it installed a total of 10 mins.

Sideloading is installing either via Adb or via apk file on your phone.

If you're ever curious about less than legit apps, sideload, and make sure you don't link it via titanium. (Note: I don't suggest hiding scandelous apps from your wife, women have a magical power for ferreting our stuff like this (the saying should be curiosity killed the husband, not the cat :p))

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones