• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Something is deleting my movies

wreker

Lurker
Dec 8, 2009
So I converted some movies on my linux box using the script mp4ize, then copy them from a samba share on that linux box directly to the removable disk (Droid) and put them in a hidden folder: .systools/mov

I do the safely remove hardware in XP, then then unmount on the Droid.
Disconnect the Droid from the USB cable and I check that they are still there and playable.
I then connect the Droid again, mount it and all but 2 of the movies are gone. Doh! And it's always the same 2 movies that remain.

I thought it might be The Motorola Media App (like iTunes or whatever) so I uninstalled it but still the problem remains.

This has happened on 2 separate Droids; my original and the replacement I just received for dust in the screen.

The movies are mp4 and only a few hundred megs each.
The movies that stay are m4v files.

Also in the .systools is a folder called img and none of the images in that folder have been removed.

Copying the movies to a different folder: .movies - does not remove the movies on subsequent connects and disconnects as far as I can tell.

Weird huh?

It's me!! I'm in your phone, stealing your fun!!

OMG he's right! Here is my Logcat.

I/ActivityManager( 1080): Start proc com.android.calendar for activity com.android.calendar/.LaunchActivity: pid=2156 uid=10038 gids={3003}
I/ActivityThread( 2156): Publishing provider calendar: com.android.providers.calendar.CalendarProvider
E/ActivityThread( 2156): Failed to find provider info for subscribedfeeds
D/AndroidRuntime( 2156): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 2156): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001b190)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught exception
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): at com.android.providers.calendar.CalendarSyncAdapter.onAccountsChanged(CalendarSyncAdapter.java:1400)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): at android.content.AbstractSyncableContentProvider$1.onAccountsUpdated(AbstractSyncableContentProvider.java:189)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): at android.accounts.AccountManager$10.run(AccountManager.java:826)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4363)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:860)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:618)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2156): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
I/Process ( 1080): Sending signal. PID: 2156 SIG: 3
I/dalvikvm( 2156): threadid=7: reacting to signal 3
E/dalvikvm( 2156): Unable to open stack trace file '/data/anr/traces.txt': Permission denied
E/ActivityThread( 1080): Failed to find provider info for android.server.checkin
E/Checkin ( 1080): BlueIce5249 steals fun. Videos now deleted. Unknown URL content://android.server.checkin/crashes
W/ActivityManager( 1080): Launch timeout has expired, giving up wake lock!
W/ActivityManager( 1080): Activity idle timeout for HistoryRecord{44c8ba28 com.android.calendar/.LaunchActivity}

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones