1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support something is not right

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by narayanan9190, Sep 9, 2012.

1. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 16, 2012
    Male
    Programmer - IBM
    The Place Where Dreams Come Tru ! Incredible India
    when i recieve a message, the device vibrates and when i start typing for the first few characters, it does vibrate on haptic feedback...but after that it does not vibrate ! why ? some problem i should be concerned about ? i already am !

Advertisement

2. cbreze

cbreze Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Wow, I really dislike haptic feedback, but anyway...You on ICS then did you do all the right stuff after wards like hard resets back to factory specs, if so, have you tried clearing cache, or just a simple reboot. This said, I'm on GB and my vibrate has been wonky ever since about the second month. Might be a moto issue re vibrate.
    To clear cache: with phone off press and hold both volume keys and power on phone.

Press vol key down to highlight recovery, then press vol key up to boot into recovery, then you should see android icon with triangle, then press both vol keys.
    Choose clear cache partition using vol down to select then then press power button to clear cache.
    Highlight reboot/restart and press power and your phone will reboot.

No idea if this will help , but one never knows. At the least your cache is cleaned and refreshed.

3. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 16, 2012
    Male
    Programmer - IBM
    The Place Where Dreams Come Tru ! Incredible India
    feeling very stupid typing this reply :rolleyes:
    i had paid for the lightflow in store and gave it for download and it had been installed...i did not notice that and had been using the phone and by default some of the setting have stopped the vibrations by the app and I just found that out !