1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Something Loose?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IamShakes, Aug 27, 2010.

1. IamShakes

IamShakes Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Just today i put my phone down on a book and heard something rattle / vibrate. Seeing as the phone is only about a month old and reading stories of how tough this phone is on here, i started wondering. I've never dropped the phone or anything so just want to know if this is normal or i need to take it to verizon to fix something.

The looseness only can be heard when tapping the back of the phone near the top. I took off the cover and removed the battery and that wasn't the cause. I put in an headphone cable verifying that wasn't the cause. I held both the volume rocker and the on/off button down also verifying that wasn't the cause.

I'm not sure where it is coming from but appears to be from the camera / LED area or above.

Does anyone else hear something while tapping the back top of their phone?

Advertisement

2. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Female
    Long Island
    I never noticed it before, but mine does rattle faintly when I tap it there.
    I think it's the power button. (nope, it isn't - as you say, a finger on the button doesn't stop the rattle. However, squeezing the sides of the battery cover at the top does mostly stop it. Might just be the cover? Anyway, I think it's harmless.)

3. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Software Support/Development
    St. Louis..
    Could it be your camera? I've been noticing that my cam is making a noise similar to that. I hear that sound when my camera is accidentally is activated.

4. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    IT Security
    Near Albany, NY
    Yup, so I stopped tapping on the back of the phone LoL

I actually hear it a little with the haptic feedback which can be a little annoying. I do believe it is either the camera or jack but not sure.

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    Most likely the camera lens moving on the track; maybe the motor loosens over time? Either way I doubt it's anything serious, AFAIK the camera lens is the only moving piece in the entire phone after all, lol.